April 25, 2009

Gardening My Heart

Gardening is one of my favorite chores. I visit my garden after feeding all the pets and before preparing breakfast for the family. This means I really have to be up before everybody else does to have enough time to say "good morning" to all my plants. I have different varieties of them. Some need low maintenance which require only daily watering. Some need high maintenance which require fertilizer, exact amount of shed or sunlight, and occasional tilling of soil around them. And in this time of the year, where temperature reaches to 40+ degree celcius, my plants need extra more water and care. That's a lot of work to do but I don't mind because I just love gardening.

Recently, I came to realize that I do gardening in my heart, too! I grow flowers in my garden as well as I grow love in my heart. My heart needs my daily attention (weeding, tilling, watering, cultivating...) because love don't just grow by itself.


"Show me your garden and I shall tell you who you are." Alfred Austin

In my garden there is a large place for sentiment. My garden of flowers is also my garden of thoughts and dreams. The thoughts grow as freely as the flowers, and the dreams are as beautiful.
quote / saying by Abram L. Urban

">Photo: by RSM 4-25-09, my garden in bkk

No comments: