April 29, 2009

Unwelcome Guest

"To flush or not to flush?" That's the big question first thing in the morning. I woke up and saw a R-A-T (that's how my mom calls it, and for some reason she must spell the word not wanting it to know she is talking about it) swimming in the toilet bowl! This is the first time I saw one in my house. But this is the second time I'm confronted with "to kill or not to kill" question. Last year, in my other house, I saw a little mouse swimming on my laundry bucket. It looked so cute and everyone in the house felt bad for it as it struggled to get out of the water. I couldn't decide what to do so I let my children have their way....set it free!

This time, I was alone with the cat. Timmy, our cat, also didn't know what to do with it! We are both too kind to implement our judgment on this unwelcome guest. Honestly, I hate being in this situation. I once wanted to become a lawyer but never a judge. Too fainthearted for the job! But there are times in our lives where we have to be brave and firm. Kill the unwelcome guest like the sin that lurks around the dark corners in our lives! Don't just shoo it away or it comes back another day. Well, it came back! I mean the rat! And I'm not yet that brave to make my decision. Was glad my son came down to the rescue. I let him face my problem. He scooped it out with a fish net and freed it out the gate!

Because lesson still not learned, you think there will be a third time?

Warning: This video is not for fainthearted. I don't even think this is appropriate for "Daily Divine" theme. But as I said, anything that happens in our day is worth noting and there are lessons to learn. So here it is!


video

No comments: