June 11, 2009

Adjusting Our Perspectives

Sometimes there's no need to completely change our perspective but just a little adjusting will do much. Like using a camera, one need not change the angle but to just stay put and zoom in to focus on the micro details.

As I shared in my previous blog, I am needing a break to rest my weary self but it should be some kind that does not need traveling or being away too long from home.

Our Omniscient Father understood my heart and so gave me an insight on resting my mind by adjusting my perspective, seeing minute details to find beauty in a heap of ashes.

I still do my routine of feeding the birds every morning but today, by just stopping for a moment and watched our lovebirds, Blueberry and Indigo kissed, it made it easier to start the day with a light heart.....




My cooking is unstoppable. But this mundane task in front a hot open fire becomes a cool experience after inhaling deeply the aroma of mixed herbs and then noticing the spiderweb-like cracks on my Chinese tea eggs......




Gardening continues but it's a pleasant moment to observe the moth on my plant.....

The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of grass, it becomes mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent world in itself. -Henry Miller





Homeschooling is a daily must but the joy of watching one's child enjoying her break between lessons is enough pay for the day's teaching job.....

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen, nor touched ... but are felt in the heart. -Helen Keller


Rest is not some holy feeling that comes upon us in church. It is a state of calm rising from the heart deeply and firmly established in God. -Henry Drummond



The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon Me...
To comfort all who mourn, To console those who mourn in Zion,
To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified."
Isaiah 61:1,2c,3




No comments: