June 10, 2009

Observing Sabbath

I've been offline for more than a week now, if you noticed. I've got tons to write and photos to share but I know it will take a lot of time to upload photos and also been trying to be away from the computer.... well, the truth is, I was trying to get enough rest, that's why. But sad to say, I failed. Still here, tired and weary and always short of patience nowadays. I must confess I'm delinquent in observing sabbath. I'm good in multi-tasking, that is a God-given gift, I believe, and am very grateful for that but He who formed me (and every human being) knows how much I need time away from work.

Of the ten commandments, the 4th is the longest and with the most words (Deut 5:12-15)and it is a command from the Lord to rest and do nothing, one day after six days of work. It's not an encouragement, a suggestion, or an advice, but a command! It shouldn't take much space of the tablet if not seriously demanded......

12"'Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy, as the LORD your God commanded you. 13Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 14but(H) the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant, or your ox or your donkey or any of your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates,(I) that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. 15(J) You shall remember that you were a slave[c] in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there(K) with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day."

I'm preaching to myself. And I'm again convicted. I've confessed and repented. Now, I'm thinking how to do it....it seems like taking long naps and doing nothing didn't work. Any suggestions? Something that doesn't require traveling or be away from home for many days? My problem is I'm juggling many balls now that if I stop the rhythm, I'm afraid they all fall and there's no one around to catch them. Too bad, dear husband feels the same, too.

1 comment:

marshasbiz said...

Love, love, love your honesty!!!I find that so much comes down to seeking God on a daily basis for what He has for us on that day only. And then, the discipline to do only that, knowing that is all He requires of us that day. Sounds good but something that I rarely adhere to. Seems like everything always comes back to the same issue, TRUSTING HIM.