June 14, 2009

No Fear of Bad News


Surely he will never be shaken;
a righteous man will be remembered forever.

He will have no fear of bad news;
his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD.

Psalm 112:6-7




After I repainted our old little mailbox, I was surprised why I wrote "Good news only" when I knew very well the verse that says "the righteous man is not afraid of bad news". I had to check my heart again...am I afraid of bad news? Or maybe it's just the natural hope of human heart.... I know when the artistic side of me is at work, I just let my heart do the talking, may it be in painting, writing, crafting, etc. I simply express my heart out.... But who wants bad news anyway?!




But when it does come, we know what to hold on to--His word that says our heart will be steadfast at that time, trusting Him.



And for this week, the daily post has been faithful in headlining bad news... from the country being on alert because of the fast spread of H1N1 virus to the series of insurgent activities in the southern part of the country.....whatever happens, we know that He holds the future so we need not fear.

But what is more challenging to hear is bad news from home....

-dear mother-in-law is very sickly now
-dear sister-in-law fell in coma since yesterday

Our hope lies in the truth that both of them believe in Him and their lives are in His loving care, that's why we need not be shaken by grief....


I appreciate your prayers for dear husband's family.


Photos and mailbox design by RSM June 09

2 comments:

Theresa said...

I've been reading and thinking about your posts. They often touch my heart! Two in particular -- this brand new post about good news/bad news, and a recent one with a quote about feeling good vs. doing good.

Michelle has been feeling terribly nauseated and has really been struggling with it. On top of that, a few weeks ago, they discovered 2 cysts in one of her ovaries, each about 5 cm. Doctor is considering surgery during second trimester. (I don't like this!) Then, last Wednesday Jim lost his job. Now, all the talk about recession suddenly hits home! Am asking God to give my children peace in the storm, and He is doing it. Praise Him!

I have been "chewing" on that concept of doing good vs. feeling good. (Now I can't find it in your post, but I know I saw it there.) We are so drawn towards whatever makes us feel good, aren't we? For the past month I have been reading and re-reading the little book of Titus. Over and over, Paul tells Titus, "Teach them to do good!" He stresses that if we understand the message of truth, it will be seen in our good deeds. Am trying to discipline my heart towards "doing good always."

Anonymous said...

Dear Ruth - wouldn't it nice if all we ever got was good news - unfortunately we live in a world where there seems to be more bad news than good. Fortunately, for us, the good news is that He knows us and we know him, and we can put our trust in the good news that He loves us. Ed