June 22, 2009

To the Father of My Children




December 16, 1993.

The day you first saw.....dear wife nursing the baby.
Tired eyes, lit and relieved, beholding your own dear two.
"The most beautiful sight I ever did see."
Your words soothed my ached body from long labor....
calmed the nervous heart of a first-time-mom....
It was then that I knew how blessed our children would be....

Almost 16 years have passed...
those words I hear again in my heart whenever I catch those same eyes,
that danced at that first sight, watching our three children at sleep or at play.....

My heart, again, celebrates on this Father's Day
knowing my children are blessed to have a father
whom I already knew would be unselfishly devoted and loving.
Here, I would like to thank you for all the love you gave them
from the very first day you became a father...




It is easier for a father to have children than for children to have a real father.
-Pope John XXIII


The most important thing that a father can do for his children is to love their mother.
-Theodore M. Hesburgh

No comments: