August 26, 2009

Photos...as Promised

Exactly a month had passed after I last logged in. I feel like a rusting blogger here....
Let me try to pick up from the last entry....
After we came back from our home country, we had to do 2 more travels......but that's not actually the reason why it took me one month to post our home visit photos. I had to sort out some odd feelings in my heart and put them into right perspectives.
The reverse culture shock was a big factor.
The sad plights of relatives were heartbreaking.
The economy and politics were disappointing.
Typhoons, heavy rains and flooded streets added more drama to our long awaited homecoming....

I knew I was supposed to be more thankful...to focus the brighter side of things...

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8

So, here I am to recollect the good days we spent back home!

Ben, Naomi, and Zoe enjoyed the entire trip.


Dear husband's parents. Tatay and Nanay are in their 80's. They're so happy to see all of us after 3 years. Though no longer in the peak of health, they managed to be up and around during our 2-week visit with them.....joy translated to strength.

Almost everyday, dear husband's extended family would gather to share meals together in the yard.


Ben, Naomi and Zoe with their nieces and nephews. Can't believe my kids are already uncle and aunties!


Little Sophia (wearing an Old Navy shirt) is the granddaughter of dear husband's older sister. Little Samantha is the granddaughter of dear husband's older brother. Both are so pretty in pink.

COCONUT! (Can't help but sing that old familiar song.) When I lived in my parents-in-law's compound, this tree was just a bit taller than I was. Now it's as tall as my brother-in-law's 3-storey house.

This is one of my favorite bits. One afternoon, we all sat down in the garden and enjoyed chit-chatting while eating young coconut from that tall tree...it's sweet and refreshing as our family time was.

Well, I think our time back home was after all worth sharing, isn't it?

More pictures coming up......

1 comment:

Cenie said...

Wow- you make my mouth water with these "Buko"! Glad to see all the smiles in each one's faces. "There's no place like home" and "home is where love is" indeed! Thanks for sharing- very refreshing......
Cenie