September 26, 2009

Goodbye Summer. See you next year!

It's the end of summer but no fall to welcome. I live in a tropical country where there are only 2 seasons: wet and dry. Rainy days are coming and flooding is expected. At least our yard is prepared for that. I have it all covered with bermuda and carabao grass. It will not be as muddy as last year for sure.

This week I pulled out some old flowering plants to give the ground some rest. Yes, the ground needs rest, too. I saved some seeds and shall be scattered to the ground once ready. So, one can imagine my garden with less flowers and more grass. I'm just glad that when my little sis, Rose, was with me for several months, she helped with gardening and enjoyed taking pictures of every flower. Now I have something to remind myself of how my garden looked like last summer.

Hope you also enjoy these pretty sights that brought joy to my heart the past season.



This one is a fave. I use it as my wallpaper on my computer and now became the new header for my blog. Very original...from my own garden.



I also have ornamental plants that don't have flowers but still beautiful as they are.




And oh, here's more from my rose corner. Actually, I only have four rose bushes but the two always surprise me because they change color each time and I would not know what color to expect until the flower has full-bloomed. And for the four, it's the painful pruning time.



Thank you for taking time to look at the simple pleasures that make my ordinary days special. I appreciate each time you stop by......

Special thanks go to my sis, Rose, for all the pictures and her good eyes for details.


"Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away, just for this time in my life."
Author Unknown


"Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things."
Philippians 4:8


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed looking at those beautiful flowers! Ate Theresa