October 19, 2009

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_dUrUa10NCDQ/SttdCqaK3fI/AAAAAAAACXM/NNMYBJ9ULeI/s320/simple-woman-daybook-small.jpg

FOR TODAY
October 19, 2009

Outside my window.........
cool but unpredictable, not sure if it's gonna be a sunny or rainy day.

I am thinking............
of my son who is attending a 5-day international camp in the north, 10 hours away from home.

I am thankful for...
many opportunities for my homeschooling kids to meet new friends from different cultures.

I am wearing...
a house-dress, decent enough to play a teacher role yet comfortable to run around the house and do chores at the same time.

I am going...
to give my blogging a little boost and my tub a good scrub.

I am reading...
A Chance To Die by Elizabeth Elliot. Still half way....

I am hoping...
for my laundry to dry up. It's quite overcast outside.

I am hearing...
my little girl playing her recorder while older daughter is humming a tune while washing the dishes in the kitchen.

Around the house...
books and books and more books to cover. We're building a children's library for our community.

One of my favorite things...
reading biographies of ordinary people who did great things for God.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
organize my little office, take the children to an amusement park for our bi-monthly field trip, help kids finish their model houses project.


Picture Thought I'm Sharing.....

This is not an apple tree. It's our rose apple tree beside our patio. The fruit looks like an apple but doesn't taste as great. I took this picture last week and by this time the fruits are bigger and dark red. In my host country it is called "Chumpo" but in my home country, we call it "Macopa". This tree reminds me of my childhood where I used to climb fruit trees like this one with my siblings and playmates.
And I just love a picture that reminds me of fruitfulness.


Thank you for taking time to read my little weekly journal. If you wish to meet other simple women and have a glimpse of their lives, visit Peggy, the kind host of this sweet community I recently joined.



A journal is the path of pebbles you leave behind you, so you have the security of knowing you can always return.
Samara O'Shea




4 comments:

Patty said...

I am enjoying spending a bit of time reading through some of the daybooks. Lovely picture. Hope you have a wonderful day.

ruthsm said...

Hi Patty! You are the first person who left a comment on my first Daybook entry. Thanks for the sweet encouragement. Enjoy your week.

Mrs. Cuddles said...

Beautiful daybook entry! I've enjoyed my visit this afternoon.

May your week be filled with many blessings :)

~Mrs.Cuddles

A Gracious Home said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook. You must miss your son but I bet he's having fun. The picture is beautiful. I have never seen a rose apple tree before. Have a wonderful week. Doylene