November 4, 2009

Celebrate Friendship

Note: This is a repost to announce the new and first meme in my blog. This is for Saturdays but for this first week, I'm opening it today!!! Read on and see how you can participate. Click on the friendship button in the sidebar to go direct to the site.


Coffee for Carmen!



Friendship is one of the important gifts I'm very thankful for that's why I have so decided to make Saturday a friendship day in my blog. And for my first entry, I would like to begin with the most senior one, Carmen. Haha. I'm just kidding. It came randomly and it's just happen that I'm missing her lately.

I call her Kak Carmen. Kak (pronounced by dropping the ending k) is a Malay way to call an older female. We met somewhere in Malay world that's why I call her so. The first time I met her, I felt like a beautiful butterfly has visited my garden. After few visits, we became good friends. She would park in front our gate and then I would rush to hop in her maroon van and off I'm free from house chores to Starbucks! Oh, I miss those visits. We could talk and talk and talk about life's struggles and all and end with musings of the goodness of the Lord. She is allowed to ask me only one question, "How's your heart today?" And that opens a mouthful of heart stories.

Dearest Kak Carmen,

I've been to Starbucks only once since you went back to Canada. I'm not missing their coffee as much as I'm missing you. Your friendship is always cherished here. I can't imagine how I was allowed to beat with a pillow a person who is almost twice my age. You are such a humble person who can go so low to reach a friend. Whatever makes you busy there, I know you would never stop sharing that special joy that the Lord has so filled your heart that is always hungry for Him.

Love and Prayers,

Ruth

P.S. I found the Dunkin' Donuts cappuccino really good and 3 times less the price of Starbucks. That's my treat for you and 3 munchkins that means "" I love you"!"


A faithful friend is a strong defense: and he that hath found such one hath found a treasure.
-Ecclesiastes


If you want to celebrate friendship with me, I invite you to visit this link:Celebrate Friendship

1 comment:

~ Judy ~ said...

Congratulations Ruth! I have just entered my VERY FIRST CELEBRATE FRIENDSHIP post!
I look forward to Saturdays to read other entries! Thanks for helping us rejoice in God's wonderful gift of friendship!