November 20, 2009

Celebrating Friendship

Some have more , some have less. No matter how many friends we have, I believe we are all thankful that we have even at least one.

Did you know that there are 49 verses in the Bible that speak about friendship? Here are some of my favorite verses:

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
Prov 17:17

Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work:
If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
Eccl 4:9-10

Faithful are the wounds of a friend,
But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
Prov 27:6

I'm sure you would agree with me if I say that friendship is one of the most celebrated themes in the world. We have celebrations of friendship between countries; in most beauty pageant competition there's one award for Miss Friendship; I've crossed a few Friendship Bridges in Asia; There are popular phrases, too: Friends Forever, BFF, Friends for Life, etc.

Friendship is such a powerful and special relationship. Jesus knew that! He said:

“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:12-15

So, every Saturday, I'm inviting everyone to celebrate friendship with me by writing a post dedicated to a friend. Just click on the friendship button above and it takes you to my extention blog where I have the easy 1 2 3 guidelines of joining the celebration.

Dear husband asked, "There are many Saturdays in your blogging life, what if you ran out of friends to write to?" Well, it could happen. But that possibility could either make me worry or inspire me to keep making friends. For now, I just want to celebrate the few precious ones I have because they deserve to be celebrated.

For my entry this week, please click on this link Missing Mala and learn about the woman who sat on this beach for some years.

2 comments:

Goose Hill Farm said...

Good evening, Ruth~

What a wonderful post. I have such precious friends and I would LOVE to join you in celebrating them as well.

This is such a wonderful idea. Count me in! :> )

Blessings~
Laura

ruth said...

Thanks, Laura. I'm excited to celebrate with you. Looking forward to reading your post.