November 27, 2009

Friday Flashback: 100th Post!

I was a nervous blogger when I first started in April. Ideas were rich but words were scarce. 8 months later, little did I know that today I will be writing my 100th post! But more than the number of posts, I'm very happy to have reached this far. It was quite a challenge to discipline myself to continually writing, and not just writing but also dwelling only on thoughts that are relevant and worth reading.

I would like to thank all my friends who keeps visiting and taking time to read my heart, and also to my sweet friends and followers whom I've meet in blogosphere, meeting you here is a sweet delight and your comments always warm my heart.

I have grown and learned a lot here.. about myself and the things I want to do. I've also learned to read beyond words to see people's heart, share their joy and sadness, and appreciate their different views in life. It has been a good journey to reach this 100th post.

Did you remember my previous header, the overflowing vat? It speaks a lot to me about myself being an earthen vessel receiving from Above to overflowing. Now, it has found a new owner, a poem written by a friend who inspired me to start blogging. My friend and I agreed that my overflowing vat and her poem belong to each other. And with my friend's permission, I'm sharing her poem here along with my overflowing vat.



Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing grace (Rom. 5:15)
Precious gift from You, Father, that can never be contained
You saw my need, my broken world, my fallen heart
And you gave me Your Son . . . Oh, far beyond imagination!

Oh, Your grace overflows, overflows in my heart
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!

Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing hope (Rom. 15:13)
By the power of Your Spirit as I put my trust in You
I look ahead at days to come, there's no fear
And I find joy and peace . . . Oh, far beyond imagination!

Oh, Your hope overflows, overflows in my heart
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!

Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing joy
(II Cor. 8:2, Phil. 1:26, II Cor. 7:4)

Just to be in Your family and to never be alone
Bearing burdens, sharing sorrows, tasting tears
And You turn it all to good . . . Oh, far beyond imagination!

Oh, Your joy overflows, overflows in my heart
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!

Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing comfort (II Cor. 1:5)
From You, Father of Compassion, to my soul in my distress
You heal my pain, then let me see Your aching world
And there I am Your servant . . . Oh far beyond imagination!

Oh, Your comfort overflows, overflows in my heart
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!

Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing love (I Thess. 3:12)
From one heart to another, holy, pure, spreading wide
Loving brothers, loving sisters, joy to me
And it gives You such delight . . . Oh, far beyond imagination!

Oh, Your love overflows, overflows in my heart
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!

Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing thanks (Col. 2:7; II Cor. 4:15)
For the treasure that you gave us, hidden in these jars of clay
Rooted deep, growing strong, Christ in us
And this mystery brings you glory . . . O, far beyond imagination!

Oh, our thanks overflows, overflows in our hearts
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!


I wrote this poem last year after doing a word study on "overflowing" in the New Testament. The photo is from my friend Ruth, a gifted photographer. When I saw this photo, I thought the photo and the poem belonged together! The photo is posted with her permission and the poem with her encouragement.

4 comments:

Karinann said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! I love the poem and how your friend based it in Scripture.
Keep up the great blogging :)

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your 100th post! Isn't it amazing how GOD grows us through our writing. HE is awesome!
Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea

LLJ said...

100 Posts! :)
A BIG SMILE for you!
Leanne

Maggie said...

Congrats on your 100th post! I love the poem that your friend wrote. Its BEAUTIFUL! I love your current header.

Many blessings,
Maggie
www.behindtheteenscene.blogspot.com
~Be sure to check out the giveaway at my blog~