November 24, 2009

Going Bananas

I saw a crowd of people crowding, clicking cameras. I was glad I had mine, too. And we all went bananas over these wide display of nature's surprise.

I come from a banana-exporting country but never saw such varieties all in one place.

Have some banana feast!












I took more pictures but thought these would be enough to remind you that when someone say "banana' that might be a different banana you have in mind :)

My country is popular in banana export; I do hope it doesn't qualify as a banana republic.

a banana republic (informal)
a small, poor country with a weak or dishonest government.
People fear that the country will become a banana republic if the economy doesn't pick up.

-The Free Dictionary by Farlex

3 comments:

LLJ said...

Oh! WOW! That is pretty amazing! I love bananas! I think they are my most frequetly purchased item - at least 2 times a week.
Thanks for sharing.
Leanne

Deborah Ann said...

I sure learned a lot about bananas! Thanks...

Andrea said...

WOW...I never knew there were so many varieties of bananas.
Blessings, andrea