November 16, 2009

Hello Monday! I'm Glad You're Here Again!




FOR TODAY
Monday, November 16, 2009

Outside my window...

Cloudy, humid and warm. It looks like it's raining in some areas of the city.

I am thinking...

what if I accept teaching jobs on weekends? To do or not to do?..... I haven't been in a real classroom for some years now.

I am thankful for...

my life and my family's that are secured in God's loving hands.

From the learning room...

We are making Christmas cards, and learning the art of blogging :)

From the kitchen...

Cereals and fresh milk. Didn't plan to cook hot meals for breakfast today. Will have chicken adobo for dinner.

I am wearing...

Green, long sleeved top and a brown corduroy skirt. Trying to dress nice even at home (as Peggy does).

I am going...

to sew a table cloth to cover our ping-pong table. It will serve as conference table at dear husband's office. I bought a gorgeous fabric from Chinatown for 1$ per meter!

I am hoping...

that someone would volunteer to be a help for our community library project.

I am hearing...

birds chirping outside and children laughing and talking while making Christmas cards.

Around the house...

Hundreds of assorted brand-new books on the floor donated from Books for Asia for our community library project. My son is helping me encode them to our library database.

One of my favorite things...

reading stories to my youngest child while in the hammock under the tree in a cool day.

A few plans for the rest of the week:

build (or buy) proper cages for our fast growing rabbits, scrub walls and hopefully start repainting job in our family room, organize cd's and dvd's accumulated for ages, wash window panes, and get something DONE!

Picture I am sharing...
Simplicity and a Smile
We were strangers to each other but she's so kind to let me take her photo. She was shy to look at the camera, but gave me a good smile that left a soft spot in my heart. She seemed happy and content selling chicken satay in a local night market. What are her longings and heart desires? How does she vent her frustrations and sadness? Does she journal like I do? I was just passing by that village and may never be found in that place again. Sadly, I realized I could have been friendlier by spending more minutes to get to know her a little bit more than just exchanges of nods and smiles.


Thank you for visiting.
If you want to do more visits and have a glimpse of other simple women's journal, hop on to :

The Simple Woman's Daybook
Peggy, the kind host of this Daybook is happy to welcome you.





5 comments:

Patty said...

It is raining here also. I hope your community library project goes well. Enjoyed your daybook. Have a great day.

Samanthaw said...

Such a gorgeous photo, and such a lovely daybook!

~ Judy ~ said...

I love your Daybook list today Ruth! I can almost hear your children as they laugh and enjoy their card-making!
I love the JOY on the woman's face in your photo!
We look forward to contributing to your library!

Deborah Ann said...

Wow, sounds like you're one busy lady! Have a blessed week!

A Gracious Home said...

I love the picture of the woman. She seems so satisfied. I hope I get Christmas cards mailed this year. I can just see your beautiful fabric. I wish I sewed and made things. Doylene