November 2, 2009

Merry Monday!


FOR TODAY
Monday, November 2, 2009

Outside my window...
Very fine morning. Cool, dry and clear sky.

I am thinking...
of my two dear relatives giving birth to baby boys this week.

I am thankful for...
the contentment God has put in my heart.

From the learning room...
We just had a little picnic in our yard. Homeschoolers drank German fruit tea while learning a little about the country. In our Geography, we prayed for Madagascar today!

From the kitchen...
Kids are learning how to make Maja Blanca, a yummy dessert. I love the smell of boiling coconut milk.

I am wearing...
faded blue jeans and green shirt

I am going...
to a relative's house this afternoon to help an expectant new mother set up her baby's crib. It should be fun!

I am reading...
the novel 'The Night of the Miraj', one of the 2 books given by a friend.

I am hoping...
for 2 normal baby deliveries this week. Please pray for the 2 mother-baby pairs.

I am hearing...
commotions and laughter from the kitchen

Around the house...
normal homeschool day. I have a reliever today for practical arts so I'm enjoying my time writing this journal.

One of my favorite things...
the smell of a freshly mowed grass

A few plans for the rest of the week:
work on our homeschool blog, help a niece how to start her own blog, cut weeds outside our gate, teach a young mom how to bathe her new born baby and a little lecture on breastfeeding.

Picture I am sharing...

The Old Man and His Wheelbarrow

I took this picture while on the train somewhere between Malaysia and Thailand. I love the sight of ordinary people doing ordinary things in an ordinary day.


Thank you for visiting.
If you want to do more visits and have a glimpse of other simple women's journal, hop on to :

The Simple Woman's Daybook
Peggy, the kind host of this Daybook is there to welcome you.


11 comments:

Renee' said...

Cool, Im doing mine as we speak :)Have a blessful week :)

~ Judy ~ said...

What a beautiful Daybook!
God bless the new mommies and their wee ones!
I absolutely LOVE when I can look out of a window and see my husband doing ordinary things in our ordinary yard...I can get lost in that view for hours!~

Shirley... said...

Beautiful Daybook! I love faded blue jeans...

That is a great picture!

Renee' said...

Hey Ruth, I have another blog with LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOADS of homeschool links, Ill e-mail you the link to it.

Patricia said...

Helping someone with breastfeeding is great. It brings back so many memories. Where have all the years gone? Thanks for visiting me today. I'm signing up to follow you. Great picture for today too.

Jacob13 said...

:WAVES:
Thanks for dropping by my blog :)

Patty said...

It sounds like you will be quite busy this week. May God richly bless you as you bless so many others this week.

Love Bears All Things said...

How exciting to be part of the birth of two babies. I gave instruction on bathing a newborn when I was in Nursing. I love the wee ones, so much. I guess I should volunteer in the Nursery at church so I'd get to hold one occasionally.
What you're teaching sounds so interesting.
Mama Bear

A Gracious Home said...

I breast fed all of my children. My first was in 1965 and breast feeding was not at all popular. No one encouraged me to do it. All my grands were breast fed. New moms need our encouragement on that subject.I don't think I could put a crib together though. That tea sounds great. Doylene

Renee' said...

Morning Ruth )How are you ?

ruth said...

It's midnight here, Renee. And my husband is now calling me to turn off the computer. I had trouble with my blog a while ago but it's now back to normal. Thank God!

Thanks for the greetings. I appreciate your thoughts. See you later!