November 19, 2009

New Morning, New Blessing

If you've read my post yesterday on thanksgiving, you knew I had a battle deep inside . I was feeling low for no reason at all. Some call it "waking up at the wrong side of the bed". But I had a good fight!


Early this morning, I woke up expecting for a fresh new day. "Speak, Lord." I prayed. When I went to see my garden, this is what I saw...


This beauty was on the ground. I picked it up and it stayed on my palm until I put it on a flower head. "Behold the beauty of each day." He spoke gently to my heart.

I feel so blessed to day. So much different from yesterday. Maybe I was too busy and occupied that I missed to see the beauty of that day.....

From today, this would be my inspiration for my blog..beholding the beauty of each day. If you noticed, I finally have my blog button on my sidebar. I will also be saying goodbye to my overflowing vat. It has served its purpose, reminding me of God's overflowing joy.

Soon this page will have its new look. I will be posting more on this new theme until I hear another theme from my Lord again.




The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!"

Lamentations 3:22-24




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful photos, Ruth dear!

Theresa

ruth said...

Thanks, Ate. I would like to ask your permission if I could post your poem here? I just thought it would be a good way to say goodbye to my overflowing vat.

Karinann said...

Ruth,
I love the new look and theme; the butterfly is beautiful. The quote from Lamentations is one we all need to remember- there but for God's grace and mercy...
I will put your new button on my sidebar.
God Bless!

Andrea said...

What a beautiful butterfly. I love butterflies. A few years ago, my husband and I went to Shenandoah National Park in August. There were butterflies "everywhere." We would just sit and watch them. I will never forget that experience.
God is always faithful to give us just what we need in the midst of our despair. He is awesome! I can't wait to hear more...
Blessings, andrea

Colleen said...

I love butterflies. Reminds me of new life! Beautiful post.