November 7, 2009

Sunday Sightings and Sightseeing


I took a boat taxi to the city center this week. I like taking the boat instead being on the road. It cuts half the travel time.

This mode of public transportation is very popular here. The canal that runs through the city is man-made for this purpose.


On this particular trip, I had an interesting sighting. It's my first time to notice this. Did you see that building behind the trees?


I zoomed my camera in to get a good shot. It's interesting to see this on a tall building in a country of 60+million with only 1% Christian population.

Have a blessed Sunday!


If you want to have a taste of how it is to ride a boat taxi in our city, watch the 2.36min video I took this week..

video

Thank you for taking a short tour with me this week. And for those who have heard about the brand new meme Celebrate Friendship , it's still open even during the week. You can post under this meme anytime during the week. Visit the link and join the celebration.



3 comments:

Shirley... said...

Loved the pictures and video. Thanks for sharing them!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I've been reading your older posts and I see that you're in China. My second son wants to go to China or South Korea to teach English when he graduates from college in the Spring. I'll have to show him your blog.
Blessings,
Marcia

LLJ said...

That was a really fun and interesting trip! Thanks! Wondering how the momma and baby are?