November 18, 2009

Thanksgiving Doesn't Depend On The Way I feel


~A THANKFUL WOMAN\


"A thankful heart is a JOYFUL heart!" This is what joyful Judy (the host of this meme every Wednesday) wrote in her post today. This is my first time to post for this meme though I have been wanting to but Wednesdays are just too busy for me. And so why now? Well, two reasons: 1. I was reminded of the story in the Bible where Jesus healed ten lepers and only one came back to thank Him. I don't want to belong to those bunch of nine ungrateful folks. 2. Honestly, I don't feel joyful today. I woke up this morning feeling already defeated even before the day's battle began.

So, I'm writing this post with hard punches on the keys!!! This is an actual battle. It doesn't depend on the way I feel...I need to thank the Lord!

1. Thank you gracious Father for Your grace that is sufficient for me. I'm still here, alive and whole even though I feel low.

2. Thank you Omnipresent God for Your presence in my life though sometimes I don't feel it.
Your promise is always true, and You said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you".

3. Thank you Jehovah Jireh, God my Provider. I have everything I need and in you I lack nothing. I don't have to worry of my future needs because You are my Good shepherd.

4. Thank you God for your loving kindness that is better than life.

5. Thank you merciful Father for your tender mercies that are new every morning.

I still feel the same though. But I believe something is broken in the spiritual realm when I decided to choose the way to joy rather than to despair.

So, if you feel the way I do, I would like to invite you to join Judy of A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings and the rest of thankful ladies. Let's shrug off our shoulders the feeling of heaviness that is weighing us down by counting our blessings and thanking Him who is the Giver of the many gifts. He deserves our thanksgiving no matter what circumstances we are in.

And to all my American friends, Happy Thanksgiving to you all. This is such a wonderful tradition you have!




6 comments:

~ Judy ~ said...

What a beautiful list of thanksgiving Ruth...thank you so very much for joining us and inspiring us at the same time! That's a great quote you posted at the end there! Oh...and if Wednesdays are busy, remember you can always PREschedule a post by clicking "post options" at the bottom of your post and filling in a date and time!
I surely hope your headache goes away.
God bless you and your beautiful family today. I am happy to be counted as one of your American friends!!!

ruth said...

Oh, Judy, I didn't know about that post option until you mentioned it. Sounds a great option then. Thanks!

Karinann said...

Ruth, Thank you for this beautiful reminder to thank God in all things. I love how you addressed God under a different title in each item of thanks.
The pre-schedule thing is the greatest blog invention! I use it for almost all of my posts.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Hugs & Blessings!

Andrea said...

Ruth,
You have a beautiful blog. I just jumped over from Renee's blog and joined to follow. I look forward to getting to know you better.
Blessings and prayers, andrea

Andrea said...

Thank you for your sweet note on arise 2 write. You are too kind. Indeed I am a writer, Poet, and lots of other crazy things, but I am just me.....what you see is what you get. I love everyone or at least I try to. I hope you will enjoy both my blogs.
My other blog is written in the voice of one of my therapy dogs. Most of the time he talks about experiences in the hospitals, nursing homes, or other facilities and places he visits.
Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea

Colleen said...

Great list. I so agree that something happens within us when we choose to give thanks regardless of how we feel. God bless!