December 21, 2009

4 Days Before Christmas




FOR TODAY
Monday, December 21, 2009

Outside my window...

Sunny and breezy. It's a beautiful day!

I am thinking...

What special thing we can do this year on Christmas day aside from the usual family gathering?

I am thankful for...

friends in blogosphere for making me feel the Christmas season more festive. We live in a country with only 1% Christian population among 60+million. It's hard to feel the Christmas atmosphere in the city.

From the learning room...

We just had our Christmas party! Children are happily taking a break.

I am wearing...

work clothes. I just came back from cleaning our community library.

I am going...

to start moving things. We are transferring our learning center from our residence to the community library we are building.

I am hoping...

for a very meaningful Christmas!!!

I'm pondering on.....

the angel's opening statement to the shepherds of Bethlehem.

"I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people." Luke 2:10

Christmas is a wonderful news . We should rejoice, be glad and celebrate!!!!

I am hearing...

dishes clanging in the kitchen. My son's turn to wash dishes.

I am reading...

a novel 'Reading Lolita in Tehran'

From the kitchen

We just bought beef noodles for lunch from the food shop down the block. I was too busy to cook. We'll see what I can do for supper ;-)

Around the house...

Quiet and clean. No Christmas tree this year but we got few Christmas decors in some corners of the house. We have blinking lights too on our window grills and door to the patio.

One of my favorite things...

To date....blogging!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

Do whatever I can to make this year's Christmas a meaningful one!

Pictures I am sharing...

My kids were so amused with these cookies sent by our friend. So they decided to take pictures of them. My little daughter picked the heart and wrapped it with a napkin, put it in a small gift box and handed it to me, "surprise!".

Merry Christmas to everyone! I know you're busy but thank you for taking time to visit. Click The Simple Woman's Daybook above and it takes you to Peggy's blog. There, you find other simple women. Check their journals and see how their week looks like and how they take joy in simple things especially this Christmas season.

11 comments:

Shirley... said...

Ruth... I hope that you and your family have a Merry Christmas!!!

Cute cookies!

Andrea said...

Merry Christmas and GOD BLESS!

Pam said...

Very sweet blog. Merry Christmas!

LLJ said...

I am thankful for my blogging friends too, Ruth and for you! I am thankful that you are there in that city to bring forth the light of Jesus in the darkness. I pray that your hearts will be overflowing as you celebrate CHRISTmas! :)

Marie said...

Merry Christmas Ruth! Thanks so much for leaving your kind words at my blog. You made my day! That book you are reading sounds like one I would like. I like books about the middle east area and the orient.

Patty said...

The cookies are so cute. I am glad we can share glad tidings of Christmas together ~ Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas.

Jenny said...

Thanks for visiting my blog this morning. Wishing you and your family a Blessed and Merry Christmas!

♥ Tamara ♥ said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook. I've enjoyed my visit. Enjoy your Christmas break from the learning rooms!

May you and your family have a Christmas filled with many blessings!
~Tamara
BranchOfWisdom.com

P.S. You are invited to drop by my blog on 12/27 and enter my New Year's Giveaway!

It'sSteph said...

Love those cookies! Have a wonderful Christmas. I pray it is special!

Kathy said...

Thank you for sharing, Ruth! I love how my blogging friends keep my on target, keep me from slipping away from what is truly important ;) I know your Christmas will be full of Light and Love - a blessed day for you and your family! All the best, Kathy

Karen said...

Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas!!