December 28, 2009

Hurrah For The Last Monday of The Year




FOR TODAY
Monday, December 28, 2009

Outside my window...

It's a fine day....sunny, warm and quiet.

I am thinking...

ramdom things that just happened during Christmas celebration.....how many million people in my host country missed its meaning (again) this year.

I am thankful for...

all the miracles, big and small, I experienced in 2009. God provided for all I need to come out whole and victorious over many challenges the whole year.

I am wearing...

a pink Giordano T-shirt and a black sporty capri with pink design on the sides.

I am going...

to continue rearranging the house. It's a major work before the New Year!

I am hoping...

for a meaningful New Year's celebration. We have invited relatives to come on the New Year's eve. Dear husband is gonna showcase his cooking skill.

I'm pondering on.....
the verse in 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." I become a new person when I believed in my heart and mind that Jesus is Lord and Savior. But I believe I'm also in a process to perfection. Still far from there but I look forward to the new year to becoming a better person than I was....with bigger heart to embrace more people into my life, bolder to take on bigger challenges, and wiser to discern the best among good things.

I am hearing...


the chirping of our budgies outside and the faint hum of the computer.

I am reading...

a novel 'Reading Lolita in Tehran', a memoir of books.

From the kitchen

we had pancake and chicken sausage. Let's see what for supper .

Around the house...

more spacious now that the learning center is moved to our community library.

One of my favorite things...

baking. Dear husband bought me a new oven, yay!

A few plans for the rest of the week:

create a new blog for Zoe, give my homepage a fresh new look, start a new meme for my friendship blog, get all blogging stuff done before I get busy with homeschool again! Not to forget the preparations for the new year celebration.

Pictures I am sharing...
Can you find the best among all these gifts? It's my little girl pretending to be one! But she really is!
One of the gifts was for me from my 10-year old daughter Naomi. She bought me an expensive kettle from her own money! The Christmas basket was for a special family in our neighborhood.

Thank you for visiting and spending few minutes reading my Daybook. I hope to read yours, too. If you haven't done this unique way of journaling, join the fun, click the daybook picture above to take you to the Peggy's link that tells you how.


7 comments:

Marie said...

Ruth, it is so hard to believe that Christmas is over all ready! It seems we spend a lot of time and effort to get ready for it, and then it is over in a puff of smoke! Nevermind . . . we have the option of keeping it every day in our hearts and I think I shall be doing that in the coming year! Pancakes and sausage sound delicious. I picked up some different ones the other day, Christmas Pudding Sausages . . . I'm not sure, but at the time they sounded good! Perhaps I was hungry when I was in the shop! xxoo

Patty said...

Such good thoughts to ponder on. God is so faithful to His children isn't He? I too am thankful for the victories He has given me. May New Year's Day find you wrapped in His peace, celebrating with your family, and enjoying your husband's cooking! Blessings.

LLJ said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook today, Ruth. I hope you have a nice relaxing week and can accomplish your plans. I also hope you have a wonderful time during your New Years party!
Leanne

Andrea said...

Christmas certainly came and went in a flash..and now the new year begins!
Blessings, andrea

~ Judy ~ said...

Can't wait to hear what your dh cooks up in the kitchen!!!!!
I thank you for sharing this beautiful image of you organizing and arranging and decorating your home in the JOY of CHRIST for the New Year!
Can't wait to see what 2010 has in store for your Learning Center!

Renee' said...

Great, Thanks Ruth, On my way to check her blog out :)

Anne said...

Great to know what's happening in your homebase, Ruth! Enjoy the rest of the holidays with your family --- eating, laughing, catching up on new things, lots and lots of them!

And happy baking in your new "toy" from your DH! Don't forget to send the crumbs over, lol!

We are having a blast with my Mom, who arrived last Monday (28th)! PtL for all the blessings each one of us received in '09. More blessings for us Bloggers in '10!

ANNE =)