December 16, 2009

Thank You For Ben




My dear friend Judy at ~A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings is hosting this meme every Wednesday. She wanted this to become a gathering to celebrate giving thanks to God. Click her link above to find out how to join and also to meet other thankful women on her list.

For my entry this week, I want to focus on my beloved first born son who turns 16 today!


Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.
Psalm 127:3 NIV

I praise and thank you God for blessing me with such a sweet and loving son. Ben always makes me a proud mom. He loves you and is always sensitive to hear your voice. He reads Your word and prays a lot for others. He's a loving and giving big brother to his little sisters. He does his chores faithfully and has been diligent in his studies. Well Lord, You know him more than I do :-) and You know fully well why I'm thankful for him.

I thank you for equipping me to be a good mom to him. I'm not perfect and I know I could always be a better parent for Him, so I pray that You bless me more with love, strength and wisdom. Thank you for the instructions from your Word and the loving guidance of Your Holy Spirit as I seek to be a better mom for this child.

I thank you for giving my son a loving father whom he can look up to as a good example of a man who is after Your own heart.

Thank you for all the provision for his life. Everything he needed, You provided from the moment he was conceived.

Thank you for placing him in a loving and caring environment. He has loving parents and sweet sisters who are always with him almost everyday. He also has relatives and many friends who care for him.

Above all, I thank You for Your salvation which he received the moment he believed and confessed in his heart that Jesus is his Savior and Lord. I know he is eternally secured in Your loving hands.
And as he seeks your will for his future, especially now that he's soon entering college, I thank You for You promised in Your word that You will never leave him nor forsake him and that Your plan for his life is good.


"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper
you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future...."

Jeremiah 29:11


5 comments:

~ Judy ~ said...

Thank you Ruth for sharing this BEAUTIFUL GIFT OF THANKSGIVING with us!
GOD BLESS AND KEEP BEN ALWAYS CLOSE TO HIS SACRED HEART!

Karinann said...

Ruth,
What a beautiful prayer for and tribute to your son. Happy Birthday to him. That quote from Jeremiah is one of my favorites.
Thanks for the award and for stopping by my blog this morning.
God Bless!

LLJ said...

What a Godly young man! Thanking God with you that you have him for a son!
Leanne

Colleen said...

What a beautiful prayer. Happy birthday to Ben! God bless.

ruth said...

Thank you, ladies, for the birthday greetings. My Ben was delighted to read them.
Judy, Ben loved the graphics you sent him. Thanks!