December 2, 2009

There' Are Many Reasons To Be Thankful


They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.

Psalm 145:7

Heavenly Father, I continually celebrate your goodness that is abundant in my life. May I always be found thankful and singing joyfully of your righteousness.


    How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.
Psalm 31:19

Oh, God, I thank and praise you for all the blessings in store for all your children. I need not worry of what to wear or what to eat in the coming days. You supply my daily bread and you clothe me as you beautifully clothe the lilies on the fields. Those who come to you will find refuge and comfort.


Wealth and honor come from you;
you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
to exalt and give strength to all.

1 Chronicles 29:11-13

I thank You that You are the One sitting on the throne of my heart. I need not run after riches and fame for Your Word teaches me that a good name is better that riches and a reputation than material wealth. You take pleasure on those who honor You and that's what I seek for.

I thank you also for the strength you gave me to accomplish the things I needed to do last week. Thank you for the new measure of strength that will sustain me this busy days ahead.

Amen.



Thank you for taking time to read the things I'm thanking God for this week. This exercise had been a very helpful discipline for me. In our stressful lifestyle nowadays it is always good to pause and take time to count our blessings. This is not only to make us feel good but also because it is God's command for us to follow.

You are very welcome to join me and other thankful ladies in thanking God for all your blessings. Visit my friend Judy by clicking the horn of plenty picture above. She has the easy guidelines for you.

Enjoy your many blessings!

2 comments:

~ Judy ~ said...

This is so beautiful Ruth! I love how you added Scripture verses in between your thanks!
"Sitting on the throne of my heart"...AWESOME!
Thank you for joining this meme with me!

Karinann said...

Ruth,
Wonderful prayer of thanks! I love how you incorporate Scripture.
Advent Blessings!