January 11, 2010

Busy Monday!




FOR TODAY
Monday, January 11, 2010

Outside my window...

Hot and sunny. It's good that it's a bit breezy. We missed the cold season. We normally have 15 degree Celcius in January but it seems like we stay on 30 and going up!

I am thinking...

of working double time this week. I'm feeling behind everything.

I am thankful for...

for my wonderful dear husband! For everything he is and he does for me and my children. He keeps the whole family close to God and not wander from His will.

I am wearing...

white shirt and a sport pants. We're having table tennis session.

I am hoping...

to get a house help or an assistant in our learning center. I'm feeling overworked, honestly.

I'm pondering on.....

The verses from the Bible that speak about rest:

He makes me lie down in green pasture; He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul.
Psalm 23:2-3
I lie down and sleep;I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
Psalm 3:5

I am hearing...

my mind busily buzzing. surely needing a good rest.

From the kitchen

the sweet smell of freshly baked banana cake cooling down on the rack. Can't wait for tea time.

Around the house...

busiest day!!! We're having lunch break from our homeschool activities. So I'm able to post this. Mondays are busy days for us. That's when we do sports, practical arts, and assembly. Dear husband taught on budgeting time and money today.
One of my favorite things...

to date...making posters /cards using own photos.

A few plans for the rest of the week: finish pruning plants outside our front yard, move more furniture and books to the other building, buy kids new school uniform. Yes, we like them to wear uniform so they don't feel very different from other children going to regular schools. We made them ID cards, too.


Pictures I'm sharing....



It's a joy to see my homeschoolers enjoying the product of their labor. They baked 30 pieces of perfect oatmeal cookies last week. Now, they're in the kitchen, baking again.
If you noticed Ben in blue shirt, he's 16 but he likes to kid around with the young ones. It's amazing how he can go down to their level and then he can also be so serious when with adults. He just started
his own blog featuring his drawings. He'll be encouraged to pursue this seriously if you pay him a visit. Thanks!



Thank you to Peggy for hosting the meme. Visit her and other ladies here:
Daybook Information & Guidelines

16 comments:

Marie said...

Great daybook Ruth! I am wondering where you live now that I read that it is warm and sunny! As you know it is very cold here! I wish I had home schooled my children. I think it might have made a big difference. My brother's wife as homeschooled all four of their girls, right on up into high school. The older two are finishing their last years in a high school now, but the younger two are still being schooled at home. They are intelligent, happy and well balanced children, largely unspoilt by the world. Your children are so beautiful. Truly. xxoo

Kesenya said...

I just love your blog - you always make me feel so happy !! Bless you today !!

Patricia said...

Sweet pictures of lovely smiles. Those cookies look yummy.

UKZoe said...

ooooh banana bread. Makes me wish I had time to make some RIGHT NOW!

Katia said...

Ruth,
What a blessing to see your happy family. My day is busy here too. Today is usually the day I clean my home and organize things to set the week routine in place.
Blessings,
Katia

~ Judy ~ said...

OH HOW I WISH I COULD COME JOIN YOU!!! Where I come from...table tennis is called PING PONG...and IT IS MYYYYYY GAME!!!! I JUST LOVE IT! Our table has been broken for a couple years now but I still have hopes of repairs!
GREAT DAYBOOK RUTH! Your family exudes SUCH JOY and ZEAL for LIFE!
CAN'T WAIT to visit Ben's blog!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea said...

WOW...a warm day and yummy treats made by your precious ones. It was bitter cold here this morning 13 degrees Fahrenheit.
Blessings, andrea

Patty said...

The cookies look great. I hope you can find the time to relax a bit. Have a blessed day.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Thanks for sharing your daybook. I enjoyed reading about your day. I loved your sweet pictures.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Goose Hill Farm said...

Hi, Ruth~

What a great post. I always love reading The Simple Woman's Daybook posts.

I have to say those treats look DELISH!

Blessings~
Laura

Erika said...

I liked your daybook I wish we were warm here right now. But it has been nice to snuggle in a warm sweater with Hot Coco.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Erika @ Homegrown Family

It'sSteph said...

Sounds so warm where you are! Hope you get a chance to slow down and find some rest! BTW- tried that cinnamon roll recipe- it was good but I think the real secret is lots of sugary filling and not rolling the dough too thin so they get nice and plump- also baking for more like 20 minutes!

Donna said...

Hi, Ruth~

I enjoyed your Daybook this morning. I'm running a day late on getting around to the daybooks, but it sounds like you had a busy day, and have a busy week ahead! I loved the pictures of the children...such great smiles! It reminds me that I need to relax a little bit in my homeschooling...and enjoy my kids more! Hope you have a great day!

Anne said...

Lovely pictures, Ruth! Your Ben is so sweet to hang around with his younger siblings. And that is one yummy looking cookie there!

The verses you shared helped me a lot as I also need to rest physically to recover from the flu bug. Hope you get help in your learning center too. I will include that need in my prayer time.

Blessings!

Donna said...

Hi, Ruth~ Just letting you know that I left something for you on my blog. Blessings to you today!

A Gracious Home said...

That is wonderful that the children can bake. The cookies look great. The children are beautiful. Have a great week. God bless you, Doylene