January 4, 2010

First Monday of 2010




FOR TODAY
Monday, January 4, 2010

Outside my window...

Sunny as usual, and hot! not a good time for me to do some work in the yard. Well, I did a bit of gardening early this morning.

I am thinking...

of how fast my children grow and the family budget, too!

I am thankful for...

the way God supplied ALL our needs (and wants) last year.

I am wearing...

a red polo shirt and a cream linen long pants.

I am going...

to do more writing and more baking during my spare time this week.

I am hoping...

we have a smooth adjustment to our new homeschool schedule this week. Also, DH and I are hoping we can have a spiritual retreat together soon.

I'm pondering on.....

God's promise in Hebrews 13:5 that He will never leave me nor forsake me. As I look forward to this new year, I tend to worry about our growing needs and the new challenges my husband and I are facing with the charity work we had just started.

I am hearing...


songs from the movie "Sound of Music". We have an unplanned extended vacation today so the girls are happily watching their favorite movie.

I am reading...

Stones into Schools: Promoting Peace with Books... by Greg Mortenson. The book was a Christmas gift from my son. He knows what makes me happy.
Am also rereading my friends' special notes here:Kind Words and Friendship

From the kitchen

We had chicken adobo and mashed potato with boiled baby carrots and sweet peas. so yummy... It was a hit!

Around the house...

spacious, less furniture now that we moved the learning room to the community library building.

One of my favorite things...

taking pictures of flowers. I have lots of them to post.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
focus on our homeschool program planning.

Picture I'm sharing....

I'm so delighted to have bought this little 2010 desk calendar. It has 12 pictures of lovely butterflies with beautiful Bible verses on the theme Follow His Heart. It so fits my blog's theme. And I know He's inviting me to draw my heart closer to Him this year.


This Daybook has become a blessing to me each week. It made me more grateful as I learn to take joy in the simple things I have in my daily life. I encourage you to join and visit Peggy, the kind hostess of this meme,. For guidelines on how to join, please click this link: Daybook Information & Guidelines . Here, you'll also find hundreds of ladies enjoying this same Daybook as I do.

12 comments:

Marie said...

I love taking pictures of Flowers as well. This time of year there are not a lot of flowers for me to photograph, but perhaps the snowdrops will be poking their heads out soon. Loved your day book. Have a wonderful and blessed week!

Shirley... said...

The Sound Of Music is one of my FAVORITE movies, too!! :)

I am looking forward to seeing your pictures of flowers. I'm sure they are just beautiful!

Have a great week!

UKZoe said...

glad you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I wanted to do some baking this week too, but for tomorrow evening and there just aren't enough hours in the day, sigh.

Love Bears All Things said...

My, you must be in another country for it is winter here.
I love your header. I like Butterflies, too.
Enjoy your week.
Mama Bear

It'sSteph said...

Thank you for visiting the Mathews so faithfully! I love meeting new friends! I feel at home on your blog- especially when you talk Sound of Music and verses from Scripture! Have a blessed week!

Patty said...

Hello, Ruth. One forgets in this cold weather that it is not cold everywhere. We had a bit of snow today. I look forward to seeing your flowers when you have time to share them. Blessings.

Gayle (GardenofDaisies) said...

Thank you for your kind thoughts on a difficult day. I appreciate your prayers.
I read G. Mortenson's first book, but I have not had a chance to see the new one yet. Let me know what you think of it. The work he is doing is amazing.

Donna said...

What a blessing to have you stop by my blog today! I have enjoyed my time here on your blog, and I hope to return soon! Your pictures are beautiful! I really like the "Motivation for Moms" that you have on your sidebar.
Hope you have a blessed day, and that you are able to accomplish your goals. :)
P.S. Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies of all time!

Arlene said...

Thanks for visiting my daybook. Baking sounds like a good idea, especially since it's cold in my area this week. I am what is known as a Nuyorican, meaning I was born in New York to Puertorican parents. I now live in South Florida. I totally love Sound of Music, and yes my favorite author is Jane Austen. I love classic English literature.

God bless, have a wonderful week.

Joyce Marie said...

We love the Sound of Music as well.

Thanks for visiting my blog...have a wonderful evening,
Joyce Marie

Katia said...

Hi Ruth,
It's nice to find another blogging pal who likes to take picture of flowers. I too have lots of them. I love blogging, we get to meet so many wonderful people.
((((hugs)))
Katia

~ Judy ~ said...

Tell the girls that I know ALL the words to the whole MOVIE of the Sound of Music!
Have you ever read the TRUE story of Maria Trapp? (The REAL Sound of Music)...It is WELL worth your time if you can get hold of a copy!