January 6, 2010

Good Things Are From Above



Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.
James 1:17

As I clicked the "new post" button to start writing this post, rain started to pour thus this verse came to mind.... this is the first rain in many weeks.

Thank you Lord for the rain that does not only water my garden but also reminds me that You are the Giver of good and perfect gifts.

Thank you for giving me loving children whose heart are after you. My heart was blessed this morning as I was reviewing my their prayer journals. Oh, how my heart swelled with joy when I heard little Zoe said as she hugged her Bible "How good it is to read the Bible!"

Thank you Lord that our first day at the new learning center went very well today. I was worried days ago that this day's gonna be an exhausting one for everyone. But all lessons were done on time and I was able to do my work and study, too.

I thank you Lord for taking me this far in my blogging activity. I never thought I would be learning so many things from this. And I so enjoyed the gifts of friendship you showered me through this.

I can't thank you enough, Lord, for how You're so gracious with me everyday. You love me just the way I am. You understand me more than I understand myself. Your love is unconditional. I often see this in my husband's love for me. I know that his love for me cannot equal yours but you have given him to me as a perfect match who shows me Your kind of love everyday.

- - 0 - -
If you want to honor God by expressing your thanksgiving in this way, my dear friend Judy of A thankful Woman's Book of Blessings will be blessed to welcome you. Click the 'horn of plenty' button above to get you to her blog.


6 comments:

~ Judy ~ said...

What a wonderful list of thanksgiving Ruth!
God bless sweet Zoe (name means "LIFE" right?)
and her Bible reading!!!!
I am glad that your day at the Learning Center went so well!
Looking forward to your new meme tomorrow!
Thanks for participating in this one!

Karinann said...

Ruth,
What a beautiful list, and what a wise little girl you have! I'm glad God has brought you this far in your blogging efforts; I do so enjoy visiting you here.
God Bless!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

It's so good to give thanks everyday and this is such an example of the many blessings God bestows on us each day. Thanks for sharing and reminding us that we have so much to be thankful for.
Blessings,
Marcia

Patricia said...

Thank you for sharing your list of thanksgivings. God commands us to be thankful but it is often so easy to forget. Blessings on you and your family today.

Patty said...

Ruth, I enjoyed reading your blessings and your thankfulness for them. Sharing blessings makes one think toward blessings of their own. God is good to us! Blessings on your day.

A Gracious Home said...

I enjoyed your blog. I am thankful to God also. God bless, Doylene