January 30, 2010

How Does Your Translation Gadget Work?


The first time I translated my friend's blog from English into my heart language, I giggled in delight to "hear" my American friend ( that was you, Judy) "spoke" in my own language. That was really, really sweet. So I copied its code and pasted it in my blogs. Oh oh, it was so hilarious! I didn't know that the translation was done word for word. In our homeschool blog, the cooking term 'boil' was translated as the skin disease 'boil'! So imagine having a 'boil' in my noodle recipe!

But that didn't make me delete that gadget! I noticed how my readers from different parts of the world started coming in after I had the translation gadget in my sidebar. Also, it has become an interest in our family to see on our neocounter what country we are read today. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and in my left sidebar you will see beautiful flags of different countries. Wow, what a privilege to be "heard" in that side of the world.

To our all my readers , you made my day each time I see your flag in my sidebar. I don't know most of you by names but I say a word of blessing to each of you and to your country. Thank you for following my blogs!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome. I did not even know there was a gadget like this....WOW!!
Blessings, andrea

Marie said...

I don't have a translator gadget, but I do love my Live Traffic Feed thingie. It is so interesting to see where people are visiting me from!! Have a lovely weekend Ruth! xxoo

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

OH RUTH, that is SOOO funny! Sorry to have ruined your SOUP, LOL!!! I first got the Gadget because I love reading Gabriella's posts from Italy, but she only makes every so many of them in English...the others are in Italian...I saw mentioned that there was a translator gadget and I immediately went googling for it because I wanted to read her Italian posts! I'm so glad that you have been able to use it to connect with people from all over the globe! It IS exciting to see those flags!!!!!! Sometimes, the kids and I play around with it and turn people's blogs to languages we can't read, just to see what it looks like!!! Such FUN the Lord lets us have here in the blogging world together! I am most happy that YOU are in the blogging world with us!!!!
~Judy~