January 25, 2010

"I Hope Everyday Is Monday!"

My 7 year-old daughter's favorite day is Monday because that's when we do special classes, sports, and all kinds of fun activities for the whole day. One Monday when I asked our homeschoolers what's their hope for this year, Zoe, shyly but with all honesty, said "I hope everyday is Monday".

Well, it's becoming my favorite day too. Thanks to Peggy for hosting this meme where I get to meet many amazing women who share the same simple joys with me every week.

A Simple Woman\

FOR TODAY
Monday, January 25, 2010

Outside my window...
Sunny but cool. Just perfect for our swimming lesson.


I am thinking...

about our overnight camp in our yard this coming weekend. First time to do it so everybody's excited. This will be a trial before we take the kids to actual camping next month.

I am thankful for...

godly people whom God brought into my life. I learn much from them and they are always there to give me encouragement.

I am wearing...

white polo shirt, cream color capri and a merry heart

I am hoping...

to be more discipline in finding time to rest and be; and to go to bed before midnight and not be overwhelmed by the tyranny of the urgent.

I'm pondering on.....

this verse in the Bible:

But He answered and said, "It is written, 'MAN SHALL NOT LIVE ON BREAD ALONE, BUT ON EVERY WORD THAT PROCEEDS OUT OF THE MOUTH OF GOD." Matthew 4:4

I come from a rice-eating country where bread is not a necessity. After being exposed to many different cultures of bread-dependent people, the more I understood the importance of reading the Bible everyday.

I am hearing...

Truly Scrumptious singing : "Yearning, yearning, while I'm turning around and around."

From the kitchen

Vegetable salad, roasted chicken, and tortillas.

Around the house...
After seeing fancy and beautiful houses in many other blogs I've visited, I'm beginning to notice how simple my home sweet home is.

From the learning room....
dear husband just did a beautiful powerpoint presentation on different kinds of trees, their importance and symbolisms. For show and tell next week, homeschoolers have to do a research and pick one tree they want to compare to themselves.

One of my favorite things...

having coffee with dear husband

A few plans for the rest of the week:

to give my self a restful treat

Pictures I'm sharing....

What a joy to watch my man working in the kitchen with me...


and to see the bread rise on the second try!


Have a blessed week to all!


13 comments:

Karinann said...

Ruth,
Nice Daybook. I like your: "not being overwhelmed by the tyranny of the urgent." Good advice!
Have a great day!
Hope to return to your friendship meme next Saturday. I gave in a little too much to that tyranny this weekend:)

Marie said...

Can you believe that I have never been camping? I know. What a sheltered life I have lived! That bread looks really good too! Just perfect!

It'sSteph said...

Good morning! What a great idea to do the fun things on Monday- starts the week off so much better than what we typically make Mondays into! My children have just become fans of Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang. Have a blessed week Ruth!

Andrea said...

Pass the coffee....

Hope you have an awesome week.
Blessings, hugs, and prayers,
andrea

Sahara said...

Hi Ruth! I love your "one of my favorite things"! Thank you for your visit and I hope you have a blessed week also!

Kisses
Sahara

Shana said...

Ruth,

Oh that bread looks delicious! The smell of fresh baked bread is such a comfort on a cool day. I just might bake some today!

Enjoy the swimming lesson :) It must be warm where you live. How nice to be able to swim in January.

Thanks for visiting Prelude to Home. I enjoyed your blog and look forward to visiting again.

Blessings,
Shana

Shirley... said...

How sweet is that? I want to have your little girl's attitude about Mondays!! :)

That bread looks yummy and I enjoy having time with my husband, too.

Have a blessed week!

Patty said...

Swimming! I'm afraid we would freeze. Hope you enjoy the swimming lesson. Hope that rest you long for comes about.

Have a great week, Ruth.

LLJ said...

Ruth,
I thought of you this morning because I remember you saying how much you like Mondays! It helped me to look at it differently than I normally do (with dread)! I really enjoyed your hopeful daybook.
Leanne

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Such a nice Daybook. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Coffee With Marty said...

Ugh. I do NOT like Mondays, but for some reason, this one was a little different. Maybe had something to do with finding your blog :)

I just feel lucky.

Mrs. Santos said...

Hi Ruth ~ You can tell Zoe that I love Mondays too. I love fresh beginnings and that is what Monday always feels like to me. That's smart to try out camping first...for us we just went and learned all kinds of stuff about camping - the HARD way. I also have a very simple home...

Donna said...

Good morning, Ruth,
What an encouraging daybook! You have inspired me to look at Monday mornings a little differently~thank you!
Truly Scrumptious~ahhh~I just love listening to her sing!
The bread looks delicious! I'm sure it tasted delicious, too! :)
Have a great week.