January 23, 2010

The promise of Springtime

The tree by our yard continue to bloom, with more flowers now. Just a while ago I saw some students stopped under it to take some pictures. If you clicked to enlarge the picture, you'll find a bird somewhere at the center. I just thought of sharing this for all of you who are in the middle of winter. I've experienced 5 winters in my life and I know how depressing it can be. I hope this picture reminds you of springtime that is surely on it's way.


"For the winter is passed. The rain is over and gone. The flowers are springing up. And the time of the singing of the birds has come."
Song of Solomon 2:11-12:


Yesterday, I was too busy to cook for lunch so I left my homeschoolers for a while to buy for some cooked food outside. In my host country, it's cheap and easy to buy food from hawkers and there are also some decent food shops almost in every corner. As I walked down the road to the next block, I was debating by myself whether to go to the air-conditioned shop or to the small time food stalls by the road. I saw a lady hawker with her 3 year old daughter and I thought buying chicken bar-b-que from her would help her family just a bit. So I sat on the stool beside her child and waited while she heat up my food, we chatted a bit. She has a hard life. She has 2 children and her husband is a handyman who doesn't have a permanent job. She has to sell food on the street while attending to her toddler. I left carrying my food and glad heart. I had lunch and made another friend. My heart is praying for springtime in her life.

Speaking of friend, please hop over to my other blog and meet my celebrated friend for this week.

And if you have some time to spare, my little girl would like to show you the new look of her blog. Please click her blog button on my left sidebar.
Thank you!




Scrapbooking at WiddlyTinks.com
Photo Tinks by WiddlyTinks.com

7 comments:

mom said...

Oh, Ruth! I love the picture you posted! Yes, we are in the middle of white everywhere and the green of spring seems far away at the moment. What a good reminder that this is only a season that will pass and spring will come again :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Andrea said...

I must admit I am looking forward to spring.
Blessings, andrea

Donna said...

Ruth~What a beautiful picture! I'm looking forward to spring, also! It's nice here today (45 degrees F), but supposed to rain heavy tomorrow and then cooler temperatures next week...I always enjoy stopping by your blog. Have a great Saturday!

LLJ said...

Thank you for the refreshing springtime post! :)
I can't wait to see the flowers blooming again. It can get pretty dreary here, so I always apreciate the sunny days. It wasn't a sunny day today, so your beautiful flowering tree was so nice.
I will stop by your daughter's site.
& I fully intended to have tea time this week, but my internet was down for a couple of days.
You are so thoughtful to stop and bless others. I think you were a gift to that woman that day.
Leanne

Renee' said...

whats a cute photo, and I love the tree

Renee' said...

I did the quiz on the left.
Im Elinor Dashwood

~ Judy ~ said...

I have JUST been thinking..."Oh I do so hope I can keep up a joyful attitude through this long end of winter"...and lo and behold my good friend Ruth sends me a bit of SPRING TIME!!!!! THANK YOU DEAR RUTH!

I really enjoy the stories and glimpse I get into your daily life and culture through your writing.

I can not fathom myself in the situation of your new friend...selling chicken by the road while tending to my children...SUCH fortitude and courage and devotion in these women!!!!

Thank for calling to mind my blessings and for inspiring me today.

Can't wait to visit Zoe now!