January 16, 2010

Sunday Sightings: Our Youth These Modern Days


One fine Sunday morning after church, we passed by this gigantic mall where young people hang out with their friends, showing off their latest style of clothes, cellphones and other gadgets and accessories their parents' money could buy.

I stopped. I couldn't help but took pictures of them. I was amused to see their look with those fake colored hair they wore.... surprisingly, my children just walked past them, never wasting a moment to take a look.

My son who is 16 and exactly of their age didn't bother a bit. He walked straight, content and confident. He didn't mind to be seen carrying his mom's brown and little sister's pink bags.

"It's Manga Style", he said, when I asked about what kind of fashion those young people are in. "Inspired from Japanese comics" he added.

My son is not behind the time. He is well informed of current events around the world. He is just not into things our youth nowadays are up to. And with Manga, he doesn't wear the style, he draws them on paper. See how he does it here:Pen and Ben


Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.
1 Timothy 4:12 NIV

7 comments:

Mrs. Santos said...

You raised a good boy, Ruth!

3 John 1:4 "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."

ruth said...

Thanks for the visit, Mrs Santos, and also for the verse that fits so well to what I have in my heart.

Blessings!

Marie said...

You are blessed Ruth to have your children walk in truth. That is the reward of a job well done. Clearly you have set a wonderful example for them to follow! xxoo

It'sSteph said...

This is exciting and encouraging- to see children who know the world, but are not of it( speaking of your children, not the mall kids). I pray this for my own young ones!

LLJ said...

I know your mommy heart is filled with thankfulness! :)

~ Judy ~ said...

I could tell Ben was an AWESOME young man the very first time I saw photos of him with his baby sister curled up in his lap on the picnic blanket in your courtyard! Praise God and may he walk always closely with Jesus...as he does now :)
My mother's heart SMILES and REJOICES with yours my friend...and my heart also (as I know YOURS does too) prays for those dear young souls who are SO lost.

Anne said...

Praise God for the kids he gave you, Ruth. I pray that more kids nowadays will do and behave the same way as Ben. He is a "Kuya" blessing to Naomi and Zoe. =)