January 20, 2010

Thank God For His Promise



14"Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.

15When he calls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.

16With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation."
Psalm 91 14-16

I thank you Lord for this promise you made to all who acknowledge you as God. We can hold onto this because your promise is true and you bring it to pass. Truly Lord, you are my protector. In your hands I can find a safe place.

I looked back to the years that gone by, I had many troubles but you came and delivered me from them all. More troubles to come, that I know, but you will be there as you promised; and I thank you that I can take comfort on this.

I thank you Lord for the years ahead. I have no wealth to keep my future secure. I depend on you for my daily bread. I know you are my Good Shepherd and in you I shall lack nothing.

Though the earth be shaken and the mountains crumble into the sea, I shall not fear because you will show me your salvation. In you alone I put my trust.

~0~

My friend, Judy is hosting this meme every Wednesday to encourage all of us to nurture a joyful heart by counting our blessings regularly. Click here: ~A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings~ to visit her and meet other ladies who are celebrating thanksgiving every week.

9 comments:

Donna said...

Good morning, Ruth,
I really enjoyed your post today. It's always a good thing to count the blessings that God has given us.
I hope you have a great day!

Karinann said...

Ruth,
A beautiful prayer to make this psalm your own. Thank you for sharing it here. God's promises are truly the only ones we can fully trust.
God Bless!

Shirley... said...

This was a beautiful post! Counting your blessings is so important...

Goose Hill Farm said...

When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done!

Good morning, Ruth~

I just LOVE that song! How true, my friend, that we need to remember to always count our blessings. We can find them even in the darkest of our days!

Blessings~
Laura

Andrea said...

Thank you for this beautiful prayer.
Hugs, andrea

Colleen said...

Beautiful prayer! And I just love the Psalms! Thanks and God Bless!

~ Judy ~ said...

A BEAUTIFUL PRAYER OF THANKSGIVING.
You write with such a tone of peace and inner-joy Ruth...it always makes me smile. Thank you for participating in our gathering.

Mrs. Santos said...

Hi Ruth~ I love the link to your garden and all your posts there. I enjoyed all your pictures so much and am hoping to have a garden this spring. It is usually cold and wet here in the Pacific Northwest and I am a wimp when it comes to being cold and wet...However, after the cold winter outdoors with our tree farm I think I have toughened up a bit. Anyways, I was very inspired and wish I could sit with you a while in person. I think we would be good friends.

Sharon said...

Ruth, I thought I wanted to sell my art but there is so much pressure to have to paint all the time. I just go in spurts. and Paint when I feel inspired to do so. I had an art room when we lived in Reno NV. and did a lot more painting there. But now I don't have much room, but I try to not let that stop me. I have been interested in colored pencils drawings. They have some talented people who can do that. Go to youtube and they show you how. Neat huh? I hope you can paint or just draw now and then just for the fun of it!
God Bless, Sharon