January 17, 2010

Thank God For Mondays!




FOR TODAY
Monday, January 18, 2010

Outside my window...

We're getting cooler here, starting to go down below 25 C.


I am thinking...


of beautiful things we can do to make more friends in our neighborhood.


I am thankful for...


the beautiful place where God put us now.


I am wearing...


red polo shirt and cream cargo pants and a hopeful heart.


I am hoping...

that because of what happened in Haiti more people would turn to God and realize that no other safe place here on earth but in God's hand.


I'm pondering on.....


The verses from the Bible that speak about glorifying God in everything that we do;

"shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven"
Matthew 5:16


I'm reading.....

'Business for the Glory of God' by Wayne Grudem.


I am hearing...


motorists passing by. Our road is busier than normal...I wonder why?


From the kitchen


freshly baked pan de sal (salted buns) for breakfast and wheat-oat bread for dinner. Dear husband baked again last night.


Around the house...


everything is in place, getting ready for school.


One of my favorite things...


to date...late night baking with dear husband

A few plans for the rest of the week:


pray, pray and pray some more.


Pictures I'm sharing....

DH and DS are fixing window blinders at the new community library.

DDs are making accessories. They sold many sets last Christmas and donated the profit to buy new stand fan for the library. Read more of that story here:Learning Merchandize and Charity

It's a joy to see the whole family involved in community service.
What a privilege God has given us!

Have a fruitful week to all!


Enjoy more Daybook here. Daybook Information & Guidelines

6 comments:

Katia said...

Nice day book.
I love to read and see how others are producing fruits for the kingdom of God.
Have a wonderful day, or night ;)
Blessings,
Katia

LLJ said...

What a gift you are to your community! God bless you!
I enjoyed reading your daybook.
Leanne

Joyce Marie said...

I loved reading about your day and all your thankful thoughts.

Have a blessed week Ruth!
Joyce Marie

Anne said...

Glad to know about your upcoming Community Library, Ruth.

And am sure the pandesal was yummy and fragrant! =) What a great way to bond with your DH too!

~ Judy ~ said...

I just love the peek we've had into your day.
Those blossoms are AMAZING!
And what fine, industrious men you have in your family...must make you so proud!

Patty said...

How true ~ there is no safer place than in God's hands. Have a great week, Ruth.