February 2, 2010

Act of Kindness

I received this package yesterday from a friend who lives miles and miles away from where I am. Can you imagine how I was dancing with joy when I got hold of it? I grabbed my camera and took a picture of what's inside; a lovely book and a pair of earrings. This is something worth sharing about: simple joys of women! And my friend knows that very well.



Aren't those teapot earrings lovely?

More than the things she sent me, what touches my heart was the dedication she wrote on the book. Words of affirmation. My friend's heart is like a fountain full of that.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones.
Proverbs 16:24

"It's simple acts of kindness that women remember", she wrote, and I totally agree with her. This act, my dearest friend, will be remembered.


So, that afternoon I had a restful time browsing the book and was inspired to add a bit of excitement to the Tea Talk meme that I host every Thursday. As we share about the kind of tea we're having, let's try sharing a bit about our teacup/mug. What color is it? Is it chipped by time? Is it a treasure found in 1-dollar store? Oh, I already look forward to hear about your teacup.
So, see you on Thursday for aTea Talk.




5 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the teapot earrings!
andrea

Katia said...

I am so happy for you my sweet sister. God is Good! I am glad you received this book from your special friend, I love mine. The earrings are adorable.
I can't wait to share some of my tea cups in the meme. I don't think I will be able to join it this week, but I will try.
(((hugs))))
Katia

Audrinna said...

how sweet.

Goose Hill Farm said...

Good morning, Ruth~

What a beautiful gift from such a special friend! I'm sure they will be greatly cherished!

"A friend is one of the nicest things you can have, and one of the best things you can be!" ~Douglas Pagels

Blessings~
Laura

Gae said...

Dear Ruth,
This is a gift from a true friend> how blessed you are.
I have owned this book for years.
I love all of Emilie Barnes books.
They are so encourageing.
My favourite is ~
The Spirit of Loveliness
God Bless
I love the girls blogs and will give our children the links