February 4, 2010

Fill My Cup Lord



Fill my cup Lord, I lift it up, Lord!

Come and quench this thirsting of my soul.
Bread of heaven, feed me till I want no more.
Fill my cup, fill it up and make me whole!

Chorus from Fill My Cup, Lord
by Richard E. Blanchard, Sr.

This is the chorus that is played repeatedly in my head right now. I was in a rush to get things done and it always happens not just today but most of my days. Life can be oftentimes draining. And it shouldn't be, right?

Please join me for tea with other ladies in my other blog. This light talk that I share with my friends has always made my heart light.

"Life is a cup to be filled, not drained."
Anonymous, If Teacups Could Talk, p.60




3 comments:

Donna said...

I love this chorus! Now it is playing in my head...
Hope you have a great day, Ruth!

It'sSteph said...

I loved this song growing up in church and once in a while I find myself singing it. We go to a more contemporary church now but I love when we add a "new" old favorite into our worship service. I will have to suggest this one!

Andrea said...

Sitka has an award for you at All Gods Creatures.