February 1, 2010

First Lovely Monday of Love Month

A Simple Woman\

FOR TODAY
Monday, February 1, 2010

Outside my window...
Lovely morning with 2 tents pitched in the yard.


I am thinking...
how time flies. January swiftly past by.

I am thankful for...
how God's strength gracefully carried me through the whole busy month. I almost crashed towards the end but prayers of friends picked me up before I fell.

I am wearing...
bright green shirt, gray color capri and a new hair-cut.

I am hoping...
to continue a restful scheduling that I had last week. I tend to burn candles from both ends.

I'm reading....
my son's poem that he wrote last week. I was so blessed to see it the first time and I just love reading it again and again.

The Zenith


In the Great River of Fire
With its flames always in a flurry
There is a Place many Men strive to reach in a hurry
For a Great Price may be received
But only to Those who believe

In the Great Tree of Immortality
A single bite of its Fruit one can live for eternity
This Great Tree is the Zenith
Some say It is real, to others, a myth.

To cross the River of Flames, One must not be afraid
For on the Fire a Great Bridge was laid.
At the Great King's Command
The Great Prince went straight at hand.

To build the Bridge, it was not simple
To finish the Work, He must be humble
He completed the Work at the cost of His Life
So that everyone may have Eternal Life.
Truly Great was His Sacrifice
But His Great Deed alone would suffice
To Save every Man to Eternal Life.

I'm pondering on.....
this verse in the Bible:

Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Romans 12:12


I need to keep this in mind until it becomes an attitude.

I am hearing...
DH and the campers' chattering while learning different kinds of knots.

From the kitchen
fried egg and homemade buns for breakfast.

Around the house...
camping gadgets and many other clutters. Need to do de-cluttering after sports today.

From the learning room....
kids will have show and tell about their favorite trees. I heard one prepared a power-point presentation.

One of my favorite things...
thai massage

A few plans for the rest of the week:
make a new bulletin board for the learning center, organize pictures in my desktop, send emails, and revisit my diaries!!!!

Pictures I'm sharing....

I took this picture at midnight from our balcony. Campers are soundly asleep.

What a joy to see them smiling early this morning.

Have a lovely month everyone!

Thanks to Peggy for hosting this meme where I get to meet many amazing women who share the same simple joys with me every week.



12 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Ruth, nice to read about your Mondaybook. =) Praying God will continue to bless not only your Mondays, but your "everydays". You are blessed to have wonderful and artistic children. And they are blessed to have a great Mom like you too!

Blessings always...

Marie said...

Ruth, loved your day book as always. My goodness but you have a very talented poet for a son! How fabulous! Loved the smiling faces peeking out of the tent as well! I hope you have a wonderful and blessed week! xxoo

LLJ said...

I love how you describe what you are wearing including a new haircut! How fun to have camping time!
I always love reading about your Mondays! I hope you have a good week.
Leanne

Shirley... said...

The camping time looks fun! I enjoyed the pictures!

I hope that you get to enjoy a restful and wonderful week!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a very sweet picture. Thanks for sharing about your day.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Katia said...

Dear sweet sister,
I don't know what happened, my previous comment is not showing up :( If it does show up, just delete it, it's almost like this one :)
I loved how you said "wearing a new hair cut" sweet!
Taking sometime out to visit a few blogging friends. Busy week ahead for me. Still don't have my computer, but that's OK, I really don'
t have much time for blogging this week.
Have loads of fun camping with your family.
((((hugs))))))
Katia

Kim said...

Thanks for sharing your day. Your son is very talented. I enjoyed reading his poem. Loved seeing the camping pics! Looks like everyone had fun. Have a wonderful week.

Andrea said...

Hope you don't mind. I added a link to your blog on arise 2 write.
andrea

Patty said...

Looks like the camping idea turned out well. Beautiful smiles. Hope you have a smooth, restful week.

Mrs. Santos said...

Hi Ruth~ Thai massage sounds great - any massage sounds great. Happy day to you.

Joyce Marie said...

Loved reading your daybook! Your children are so sweet. Love the picture of them smiling in the tent. Have a blessed week!

Joyce Marie

A Gracious Home said...

Your son is a talented writer. The poem is very good. I hope you get some rest soon. I love the pictures. Doylene