March 24, 2010

The Blessing of Matrimony



I thank God for leading my man to me. He spoke to him early in the morning and said, "Go and speak to her today".

I thank God for hearing my prayers and for guiding me through His words. On the same day He spoke to my man, He also spoke to me through the words of Naomi to Ruth:

"Wait, my daughter, until you find out what happens. For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today." 
Ruth 3:18


It was settled on the same day. And from that day on God has not stopped leading us together. I thank God for His presence in our marriage. It wasn't always a smooth road for there were many bumps and holes along the way but He was with us all the time in our journey. These were the words written on the altar:

"Together we walk life's path to what God has prepared for us."


I thank God for keeping us from the temptations in marriage. He has blessed us with faithfulness and loyalty to each other, the grace to accept, and the heart to forgive. These are the words written on our wedding invitation on March 29, 1993:

 For wherever you go, I will go;
      And wherever you lodge, I will lodge;
      Your people shall be my people,
      And your God, my God.
Ruth 1:16


The ring in the picture was my man's anniversary gift to me last year. It's an emerald stone (my birthstone) with four tiny diamonds on four sides. I thank God for blessing him so he could afford that. The wedding band he's wearing bears another story to be told.


Thank you for stopping by and joining me in my weekly thanksgiving to God. Thank you to my friend, Judy, for hosting this blessed meme every Wednesday. Click here: ~A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings~ to visit her and meet other ladies who are also celebrating thanksgiving everyday.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Ruth,

What a wonderful post! Isn't God so good to us to bless us with a good man to marry and build a life with? I love the book of Ruth and the verses that you shared. Hope that you have a blessed day!

Colleen said...

Beautiful post. Love the book of Ruth, too. And the picture!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Thanks for sharing this BEAUTIFUL post Ruth!
I look forward to that wedding band story:)

JOE TODD said...

Beautiful thoughts

LLJ said...

I agree with the top comments; it is a beautiful post! (I love your ring too!)
Leanne

It'sSteph said...

What a blessing- 17years! The Lord led Josh and I together using much scripture as well! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary!

vivaaha bandhan said...

Hi,
very nice post and i would be also to say thanks for the prefect post and success history.who want to know which company provide best services and affordable price.if you are interested for this read more about my website............