March 19, 2010

I'm A Proud Mom


My Ben was 4 years old when our family left our home country to work overseas. We enrolled him to a local kindergarten and then started homeschooling him when he began his first grade. Now, he's 16 and has finished all his high school requirements. Both of us will be flying back to our home country so he could attend a graduation ceremony. I wish the whole family could join us but we're thankful that at least we could afford to do this important trip.

I'm so happy for my dear only son but that's not the reason why I'm beaming with pride here. If you visit his blog and discern his heart, you will know why.


Train up a child in the way he should go;
even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6

8 comments:

Renee' said...

OOOOOOH I am so excited for yuall :) He looks so Handsome in the photos, Tell him Congrats from jacob and I :)

Marie said...

Congratulations to that handsome son of yours. You have every right to be proud! xxoo

Donna said...

Congratulations to your son! Congratulations to you, Ruth, for schooling him all these years! I hope you have a great trip back to your home country...

Renee' said...

Evening Ruth, How was yalls week?
Everything is ok i guess, I can talk a little before my voice goes rofl, I sound like a mouse :( saaaaaad lol

Hope yall have a blessed Weekend.

LLJ said...

How wonderful!
Congratulations to Ben!
Leanne

Katia said...

I wanted to stop by yesterday, but it was a crazy one here. Congratulations to your Ben. I can see how a fine young men he turned out. I am so happy for you dear Ruth.
((((hugs)))
Katia

Cenie said...

That's great news....Congratulations to your Ben! Hope he'll find himself always in the path "HE" is leading him ....to a bright future and success. Great job- mom and dad!

Cenie

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

WOW! To have finished high school by age 16!
How VERY HARD Ben must have worked!
And...how ADORABLE he was as a little child...::SMILE::
Now...he is a fine, handsome, young man!
GOD BLESS HIM and YOU, his wonderful MOTHER!