March 10, 2010

Thank God For Kind People

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
John 13:34-35



Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32



I thank God for surrounding me with much favor and kindness this week through the people He brought to my life.

  • my neighbors who took part in our community project. Many of them donated items for our library and learning center. Some brought boxes of milk and food on the opening day. Such act of kindness is not possible without God touching their hearts.

  • my hardworking friend who assisted me in our ESL program. She has committed to come 3 times a week to help in any way she can.

  • my children and niece who are also as excited as I am every time we see the number of children on our list increasing.

  • my dear husband (of course) for all the "behind the scene" work he puts in for the project, and for all the encouragement he is generously giving me.

  • and for my two mothers who are celebrating their birthdays this week. I just enjoyed chatting with my mom on Facebook on her birthday. My mother in-law is also celebrating her birthday today. I will be writing a post dedicated to her so I will keep this short. "I love you, Nanay. Thank you for all the love you've shown me since the day I was introduced to your family."

Judy, the grateful hostess of this meme every Wednesday is encouraging all of us to nurture a joyful heart by counting our blessings regularly. Click here: ~A Thankful Woman's Book of Blessings~ to visit her and meet other ladies who are celebrating thanksgiving everyday.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

amen

Karinann said...

Ruth,
Beautiful list of blessings! happy birthday to your 2 mothers. Hope to return for a tea break tomorrow :)
God Bless!

Ruth said...

See you tomorrow, Karianann. Will hop on to your site now.

Thanks for the many visits, Andrea.

Donna said...

Hi, Ruth,

What a great list of thankful things! I loved reading them! What a blessing that you have had such good help!

Happy birthday to your two mothers...I also am blessed with two mothers, and am so thankful that I have a good relationship with both of them.

Hope you have a great day!

Katia said...

Dear Ruth, Rejoicing with you. God is so Good! I am so glad to read all of the good report concerning your grand opening - Praise God.
Katia

munchesmom said...

What a wonderful group of people to help out! You have much to be thankful for. God Bless!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Such BEAUTIFUL BLESSINGS!
So happy to hear that ESL is a success already!
(As we knew it would be!)
Happy Birthdays to your "mothers"...how lovely that your MIL is seen in your eyes and heart as "mother" too :)
Thank you for your kind words on my blog and for your participation in this meme.

Renee' said...

Hey Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuth :) whats up?

Renee' said...

Hey Ruth, I am soooooooooo glad I am finished painting lol, today I did master bedroom and bathroom.

~ Maria ~ said...

Ruth,

There is nothing more beautiful than the Love of Christ being manifested through others :)

I am so glad that you had a wonderful ESL day at the learning center and that it was a success!

Blessings dear friend,

Maria