March 28, 2010

Zinnias In My Garden

I had large zinnias in my garden before. The seeds were brought by my mother in-law when she came back from her trip to the US. My garden had rich soil so they grew healthy and lasted for many months.

Although zinnias are not fragrant flowers, I like them because of their bright colors and they have different varieties. They also are butterflies' favorite so they attract butterflies to my garden.That's my little girl's delight for she loves catching butterflies.


This time, my zinnias have smaller flowers. I got the seeds from our neighbor's garden. They didn't come out very healthy and lasted only for few months. Maybe because of the heat and the kind of soil in my garden...I pulled out the last batch of plant last week. I noticed, my garden soil needed some rest. I saved some seeds for the next planting and I'm just glad I have photos of them so I could share them here.


Growth takes time. Be patient.
And while you're waiting, pull a weed. 

  ~Emilie Barnes


 #3

Visit the home of "Today´s Flowers"

10 comments:

THE OLD GEEZER said...

Great Photos and I love the Emilie Barnes quote.

Growth takes time. Be patient.
And while you're waiting, pull a weed.
Very good advice.

God bless you and have a great Easter week

Ron

lazyclick said...

Berautiful, lovely variety.

Kathy said...

The zinnias are very nice. Actually, they do quite well in the heat. I live in Arizona where our temperatures in the summer often exceed 115. Zinnias are a very old flower. We had them in our garden when I was a child (and I am old!)

Thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures.

Anonymous said...

Your flowers are so beautiful, not just today, but every time you post! Ate Theresa

Denise said...

A wonderful collage of photographs, showing such beautiful and colorful flowers. Thank you very much for sharing.

January said...

They are so lovely Ruth. I wish I had a garden too.. Unfortunately I live in a rented apartment. sigh* maybe someday I'll have my own. Thanks for sharing!

Pink Hibiscus

Barbara said...

Great series of captures, you composed these zinna shot nicely.

Arija said...

Even if they are smaller, they are still beautiful. Zinnias don't do well here as well. It is just too dry and they seem to collapse with a virus.

Patricia said...

Zinnias are one of my favorite flowers. Hope they will grow better for you next time. Love the quote by Emilie Barnes.

Donna said...

I love your collage~very nicely done!

I really like your quote by Emilie Barnes...good advice, for sure!

I hope you have a great week, Ruth...thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures.