April 4, 2010

My Easter Flower


My camera is old and worn-out. I can no longer use its macro setting. I did this manually and I'm very satisfied with the result.

I thought they were lavender but not. No lavender-smell at all. I also wonder if the flower on the first photo is the same with those on the second one. Their leaves look the same. I took all these pictures in the same area so I was surprised that there's difference in color. I checked the internet to help me id my flower but I found no similar images. Perhaps you can help.

I enjoyed using these pictures as wallpapers this week. Click the image to enlarge. The flowers look so dainty and sweet.

I thought this flower was appropriate to be called My Easter Flower. Even though I don't know its name but it serves me today. I cannot praise its name so my praises go to its Maker.

Sometimes our purpose is more important than our name. We serve as anonymous. Not unto us but to His glory.


Happy Easter Everyone!


Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
 Who, being in very nature God,
      did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
 but made himself nothing,
      taking the very nature of a servant,
      being made in human likeness.
 And being found in appearance as a man,
      he humbled himself
      and became obedient to death—
         even death on a cross!
 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
      and gave him the name that is above every name,
 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
      in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
      to the glory of God the Father. 
           Philippians 2:11



For more flowers around the world, please visit the home of Today's Flowers.

16 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

Who needs a macro setting when you can do this! Wow! And, the lavender and yellow are gorgeous together...wonderful compositions and words for this glorious day! Happy Easter to you and yours!

Karinann said...

Ruth,
Beautiful post both in your words and visually; the flowers are lovely.
A happy and blessed Easter to you and your family!

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

These flower images are beautiful. Have a glorious Easter as you celebrate the risen Lord.
Blessings,
Marcia

JJ said...

Your blue flowers are perfect for Easter Sunday.
You do not need a Macro - good as they are
JJ

Kathy said...

I agree - a macro setting would have been redundant! Beautiful pictures. I first thought perhaps some kind of larkspur but by looking at Googles Images I'm reminded that larkspur have very wispy billowy leaves. Whatever, they're a nice Easter flower.

vincibene said...

Gorgeous series, I love the blue.

Johnny Nutcase said...

beautiful flowers, and i think the manual setting worked just right for you! Happy easter :)

Sharon said...

Hi Ruth, Your pictures are beautiful. Thank you for your comment. Have you been to Victoria Gaines site? http://victoriagaines.com/
She is such a good writer and encourager for us artsy people.
Is it still warm where you are?
God Bless! Sharon

Regina said...

Gorgeous bloom!
A Blessed Easter.

Goose Hill Farm said...

Good morning, Ruth~

What a gorgeous picture! These are Texas Bluebonnets, an absolutely STUNNING flower.

I pray you had a blessed Easter, my friend!

HE IS RISEN!

Blessings~
Laura

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

they are beautiful...even without that macro settings...i love those colors....thanks for stopping by...

Jama said...

The flowers are so gorgeous and I love that color!

Patty said...

Beautiful flowers. I'm afraid I can't be of any help identifying them. They are quite lovely though ~ thanks for sharing.

Joyce Marie said...

Gorgeous photos!

Hope you had a nice Easter,
Joyce Marie

Naomi said...

Hi Mom, How are you? I miss you. Thank you for the comment.

Love Naomi.

Katia said...

Hi Ruth, these pictures are beautiful! I know one of your commenter said "Texas Blue bonnet" I am thinking they also resemble a Salvia. I plant them every year and this is what they look like. There are the perennials and the annuals. Your look more like the annuals, but again I could be wrong.
((((hugs)))
Katia