April 26, 2010

My Favorite Cut-Flowers


I finally have a name! I used to call them "my favorite dried flowers that stay fresh the whole year!" Haha. What a name!

"Satatit", said the girl selling flowers. I thought it's the local name so I asked for its English name. "Satatit!" She insisted it was the English name. I doubted...

I bought a bunch of 3 colors and began my google search when I came home: "dried cut flower that keeps its color the whole year". Result: STATICE. Now I understood the flower girl.

I bought a big bunch of statice flowers in Chiang Mai more than a year ago but now they lost their color.

My girls were happy to help me replace the old ones.

We made several arrangements to spread them in some corners of the house. 





Left: a year old statice flowers


Right: Fresh new ones






What a big difference those flowers have made inside the house!
I'm guaranteed to have another year of real flowers in the house...
...even in my washroom!


The best and most beautiful things in this world
cannot be seen or even heard,
but must be felt with the heart.
- Helen Keller

Have a great week everyone! Hope you find joy in everything that you do.

Enjoy more beautiful flowers here:

Photobucket

And more yellow splashes here

to help brighten your day!

13 comments:

CafebyJW said...

Beautiful set of flower, and a little girl presenting Yellow color too!

My Mellow Yellow Monday
You Got A Posty

Maria said...

Beautiful set of flowers:)

Becky said...

How lovely. What a nice photo essay. And good choice for MYM.

Mine is here.

Daniela said...

They sure are beautiful.

lazyclick said...

Beautiful flowers. Very lovely colors.

LLJ said...

they truly are beautiful!
Leanne

Shirley... said...

Your flowers are so beautiful!! I love fresh flowers... Enjoy your week!

Katia said...

O Ruth, I love statice; yours look beautiful! Just breath taking!
I used to sell dried flower arrangements, and they were my favorite as well, because they look good with any other flower in an arrangement.
((((hugs))))
Katia

Mrs. Santos said...

Happy Anniversary Ruth! and thank you for showing us a bit of your family and home. I might just have to go pick up some of those pretty flowers myself.

Blessings to you and your precious girls.

Donna said...

Hi, Ruth,

Those flowers are beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

I also wanted to thank you for the birthday wishes you left for me on Friday! :)

Praying you have a great day!

Goose Hill Farm said...

Hi, Ruth~

I love statice. It is so pretty. Your arrangements are BEAUTIFUL!

Have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY!

Blessings~
Laura

Denise said...

You have a sweet little girl and I have enjoyed all your photos. Thank you so much for sharing with Today's Flowers.

Cenie said...

Hi Ruth,
Enjoyed seeing the flowers that you so beautifully arranged.... great job girls! We have those here too, but they cost a fortune! Thanks for your post and the verses, they're very inspiring!