May 20, 2010

I have a birthday request.....

Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, "I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, Stretching out the heavens by Myself And spreading out the earth all alone..."Isaiah 44:24
I am on a birthday retreat on top of a mountain somewhere in China. I'm praising God for this life He has given me and for His 40 years of faithfulness, well, 40 years and 9 months, counting from the day I was conceived.
I'm having mixed emotions right now... The family is in spread in 3 countries. Either the world has gone smaller for us, or the kids (and parents) have gone older to be away from us.

But I'm trying to concentrate on my goal why I'm here....

I cannot blog more while I'm here because I can only use the computer in a small cafe.Will surely post more pictures when I'm back to the city.

I have a birthday request....please pray for Thailand. My girls are left  with my siblings and their families in the capital city which is chaotic right now.


Thank you for your prayers. 

13 comments:

Andrea said...

Praying for Thailand!
Blessings, andrea

Anne said...

Dear Ruth, may you all the more feel and experience the love that God has for you as you celebrate the wonderful 40 years He has blessed you with.

Enjoy the alone time He has given you, and may you renew and strengthen the relationship you have with Him. God bless and Happy Birthday again.

Much love,
Anne

Donna said...

Dear Ruth,
Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful time away...Thanking Him for you and your sweet testimony.
I will be praying for you, for your sweet family, and for Thailand.

GrandmaK said...

Indeed you will have my prayers!! And may God bless you abundantly!!! Cathy

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

May God protect shower His peace and truth upon the people of Thailand. And may He bless you, my dear birthday friend with a retreat as wonderful and beautiful as YOU! Happy Birthday Ruth!

Karinann said...

Ruth,
Prayers for you and your family and for Thailand.
Happy Birthday and God Bless!

Jen said...

Ruth,

I will be praying for peace -- for you and for Thailand. Happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

Dear Ruth:
Yeah! we can meet very soon!!!
Enjoy your silent and great time with dear Lord!
Happy Birthday dear!

Joey ^.^

adeena2000 said...

Hi! Ruth, Blessings from God above to celebrate 40th birtday. May all his guidance be with you always.

Great is the faithfulness of God who continually bless you through all the days of your life.

This is my first time to greet you a warmest happy birthday since 6th grade. I miss you.

Needa

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

I've been thinking alot about you Ruth, as I hear and read of the unrest there in Thailand. I'll be praying.
Blessings,
Marcia

It'sSteph said...

Thank you for sharing this Ruth so that we can be praying. Though peace may not come between the peoples right away,I pray, for you, the peace which surpasses all understanding. Happy Birthday with love!

LLJ said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate your 40th birthday! Happy Birthday!
praying...

Leanne

Ann said...

Thinking of you in my prayers, hope everything has settled down in Thailand.