May 15, 2010

My Beloved Host Country......

...needs your prayer now.

I've taken this photo weeks ago. I thought the graffiti artist had brilliantly interpreted the nation's present political crisis. Two colored groups in clash tied together by the country's national flag.

The traffic was fast so I didn't get some part of the picture in the frame.
Yesterday, I drove by again and aimed to get a better shot. I didn't, but at least I got the missing part.


The clash between the red and yellow groups has been going on for months now.
Some areas in our city are now declared as "live fire zones".

Image from Bangkok Post. A vendor in the Bon Kai area takes cover under a plastic stool as troops clash with  protesters.

 This is not the Thailand that I knew before.....
More news images here:
Although this is not the kind of post that I want in my blog but I believe I should not be silent about it.
Thank you for praying.




6 comments:

Anne said...

Ruth, I am praying with you for peace and deliverance for your host country, Thailand. Stay safe and protected in our Father's hands...


P.S. I think many months ago I failed to give you a notice about this Award... I know you have it already, but I still want you to have it as you deserve it (again and again), dear sister in the Lord ---

http://likeshowersonnewgrass.blogspot.com/2010/02/thank-you-judy-for-this-award.html

Shirley... said...

I'm praying, Ruth. ((((HUGS))))

LLJ said...

praying...
(((hugs)))
Leanne

Manang Kim said...

That is why I like to stop and look at murals because in those strokes there is always a hidden meaning to it. Thanks for sharing! Happy Monday!

MYM-Centerpiece light
MM-After the rain

Becky said...

Ruth, I will pray for your safety and that the violence will end soon. Thanks for the graphic picture for MYM.

Marice said...

oh gosh! hope's everything will be okay there soon!

u may view mine here