June 16, 2010

Contentment and Joy of Parenting

I saw her outside, again , sitting alone, waiting for me to start the class.

Other children joining my reading class have not arrived yet from regular school.
She didn't mind. She could wait....

My girl just turned 8. When dear husband and I realized we will not be around on her birthday, we left a gift on our bed on the 18th. Her birthday was on 27th. She was patiently counting down days until she finally opened it right on her birthday.

"I have learned to be content." 
Philippians 4:11

She is learning this verse this week. And I'm re-learning it from her.

~~0~~

I thank God for blessing me with 3 wonderful children. They're different from one another but all beautiful at heart.

I thank God for the privilege He gave me to nurture and train them in the  way they should go.

I praise Him for the joy of parenting, of seeing them grow in righteousness and love for Him, which is my precious and worth reward.



 
Be doubly blessed by joining joyful Judy and finding more thanksgiving here.

5 comments:

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

This beautiful post has made my tears flow!
Tears of JOY and THANKSGIVING for the Lord's blessings in your life!
What a GREAT idea to do this meme through photos!
It is so true that we learn the lessons of the Lord through our children!
I am SO GLAD that He has allowed us to learn together Ruth! May He keep your beautiful family close in His loving care always!

munchesmom said...

What a BEAUTIFUL list! Those photos are just so precious & capture those wonderful moments of curiosity in a child.

LLJ said...

Happy 8 Birthday to your girl! : )
Lovely words and and I loved the pictures too!

Leanne

Vernz said...

Hi ruth, thanks for dropping by Anything Davao been experiencing internet disruptions so it's quite hard to fly online lately, but slowly it's been fixed so i'm back..

So glad you have na a lady .... ang liit pa nung sa akin ... Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Our children are very blessing as they grow in the love of God & you2!Yeah!

Joey