June 29, 2010

The Faith Of A Child....

I saw this drawing in Zoe's journal. I believed she drew this sometime late last year when she was 7. She has several drawings like this one in her journal. It is her way to express her thoughts because she didn't know how to write them in words yet. But I think this is a lot better than words!

This picture ministered to my heart. I was comforted and encouraged. It reminded me of my The Good Shepherd who is gentle and loving. I instantly felt safe and secured.

 ~~0~~

I thank you, Father, for my little girl's faith in You. I clearly remember how she cried when she accepted You in her heart on February 5 this year. She told me the reason why she cried, "I felt the Lord touched my heart."
And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little  children,  you will never enter the kingdom of heaven."
Matthew 18:13

I thank, God, for blessing me with 3 children and for entrusting them under my care.

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him.
Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.
Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. 
Psalm 127:3-4

Thank you, Lord, for the opportunity and the right to homeschool my children. They're with me all the time and I have control of what they are absorbing from outside influences. I am fully aware of the affairs of their minds and hearts.

             Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6

My heart is in awe of You, who keep sending little children to my reading class. 4 new students came, and I was a bit overwhelmed of the class size but You, Great Teacher, reminded me of how precious these little ones in your sight.
When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. 
He said to them " Let the little children come to me, 
and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."
Mark 10:14

I thank you God, for giving me the heart to to love all the children in my class. On my own, it would be impossible.

"See that you do not look down on one of these little ones.
For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven." 
Matthew 18:10



 
What are you thankful for this week? Share your list of thanksgiving here.
Judy, our thankful host would surely be more thankful to have you join our little community.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Beautiful!
Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Oh Ruth, this is so beautiful and I just love the way you joined a verse from Scripture with each blessing! Zoe's heart shines like GOLD through her drawing! My eye was drawn to the three birds surrounding Jesus...like the Trinity!

munchesmom said...

Beautiful list! I just LOVE you found a Bible verse to fit perfectly w/ each item. And, God must have known that I NEEDED to see those exact verses right now. Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Woww.. Dear R, zoe's drawing also touched my heart! I want to share one of my drawing to you, i will send to u via email... hoho... Pls don't laugh at me, as it is quite childish!

I think the most touching moment for parent is to see the salvation of their children! Very great!

J