June 20, 2010

Million-Dollar Flower

I grew up calling this a million-dollar flower. Funny, it's only today I learned that it is scientifically called Hydrangea Macrophylla (Mopheads).

I love its generous blooms. No wonder why it is locally called in my country as such.

This beauty has color-changing properties depending on the soil composition.

The blue and pink ones are the most common planted in home gardens. I'm always attracted to blue ones because I seldom see blue flowers. I've seen white varieties beautifully used in weddings .

Again, I'm awed of its Creator.

" 'Tis my faith that every flower
enjoys the air it breathes! "

This quote is written by William Wordsworth in 1798 (Lyrical Ballads).

I hope and pray that this quote is still true at present.



Photobucket

9 comments:

Hanne Bro Jensen said...

I feel the same way about blue flowers. They are rarely seen, but when I see one they certainly get my attention!

Katia said...

Wow, Ruth they are truly worth A million dollars. I am in awe of how our heavenly Father lavishes us with so much beauty. Just gorgeous!
(((hugs)))
Katia

Manang Kim said...

That is what we call in the Philippines million dollar flower ^_^ I have one hydrangea and I am excited to see it's bloom this year. Thanks for the visit. Happy Sunday!


Yellow Hollyhock

Poetic Shutterbug said...

Hydrangeas are just so full of beauty. Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing them with us.

Joyce Marie said...

Beautiful...I just planted one of these this spring in my year...and I am loving it. I haven't stopped by to say hello for a while. I hope all is well.

God bless!

grace said...

Hello. Love your site. Tagged you from Andrea. God Bless!

Michelle said...

I agree!! In awe of the Creator!!

Vernz said...

hi ruth, cge lang ko ug tanum ani ba, but i think it is not suitable for Davaos weather... it did not bloom... sad me... thanks for dropping.

Amy in Peru said...

I LOVE hydrangeas!!!!!!! they have been my favorite since I was little! yay. very pretty!

amy in peru