June 20, 2010

My Papa...

Fathers are celebrated once a year. I celebrate mine everyday..in my heart. It's not a hard thing to do. It's almost spontaneous. Each time I remember him, which often I do, heart celebration  follows. But I wonder if he knows this. Perhaps I need to let him know.



I was in my teen years when I slipped this note in his pocket one day when he was about to go to work.

I've said the same words to him on my wedding day. Perhaps, he needs to hear them again today.

It may become cliche someday but what better way to affirm a father than to tell him he's what God wanted fathers to be?

 Read more of my celebration here.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Beautiful post Ruth. I love my father too. He means everything to me. ((((hugs))))

Anonymous said...

beautiful ruth... i find it hard to celebrate this day bec. i never get the chance to really talked to him before he passed away. the time(s) i wasted because i was stubborn and hardheaded, now it's too late for my dad to know that i love him too... but just like your dad, i am proud to be called his daughter too... you are an inspiration ms ruth, and your daughter too...