June 27, 2010

A Week In One Page

Sunday - 06/20/2010

DH and I drove Naomi to her dance class. She's preparing for their big concert in August. So, after the class, she got the chance to be on a lunch date, alone with mom and dad.



Monday- 06/21/2010

The whole day we were busy with our special class. For our practical arts, we learned how to recycle old shirts.

Some little fingers needed time to learn the art of braiding. Hard work for them but they enjoyed it though. You never know; this skill could turn into a little side business!






At first they were asking one another to hold the other end of of their cloth strips but one of them was clever enough to think of clipping the ends in between the drawers of our shoe rack.










Tuesday - 06/22/2010

PACE WORK! The usual routine from Tuesdays to Fridays, 9:00am - 3:00pm. The girls need to works on 8 subjects everyday.

For this school year, I'm glad that Zoe can read on her own so she needs less of my supervision now. I am freer to do other house work while watching them from the kitchen or the garden.



Wednesday - 06/23/2010

Back to the garden! My little pomegranate tree is heavy with fruit now. DH is encouraging me to pick up my gardening time again. I have been pretty occupied with many other things these past few months... and he said that I've picked up a lot of other new hobbies :-) He may be true but this building up of curriculum for my classes is really taking a lot of my time. I'm glad Ben is such a big help in filling my lessons graphics.

With my comeback to the garden, I have started my garden journal, Heart's Garden. I still have to transfer some related posts from my other blog.



Thursday - 06/24/2010

Our community reading program keeps going. I'm happy to see my students keep coming to class, happy and excited even after the whole day they work in their own regular schools.

I notice how the pingpong table is taking much of our space. Students are crowding by the four sides. Have started praying for proper classroom furniture.


Friday - 06/25/2010

TGIF for Naomi. School work is quite a lot for her. She is very outgoing and of the three, she's the one who needs more activities than what we have right now. DH and I have been looking for opportunities for her to be involved in bigger group activities periodically.




Naomi likes to perform. I have been encouraging her to keep singing. Zoe is catching up too in this hobby.

I had an hour-free karaoke coupon at the mall that I had been keeping in my wallet, so we took the girls there.

I also uploaded 2 videos of Naomi on Youtube:here and here.

Oh, how Zoe likes long Friday afternoons! No schedule at all for her. She's free to use the computer and watch DVD, and also just play with Timmy.









Saturday - 06/26/2010

After driving Zoe home from her dance lesson, DH and I spent the whole afternoon looking after the workers installing the awning in the front and back of our center. We're glad that the afternoon sun is no longer too bright from inside our community library.






 In the evening, our Buddhist neighbors had a prayer gathering in front of our center. We were honored to be invited. They were pleased to see us sit there and observed. They know we are not Buddhist so they were happy that we came as part of the community.








He has made everything beautiful in its time. 
He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; 
yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11


             Thanks to  Amy of Peru for hosting this meme. I find this a beautiful and creative way to journal my week, and also to organized my snapshots.


2 comments:

Katia said...

Wonderful to read your week in one page ;) I like the way you said it.
Making braided rugs is one thing I haven't done but keep thinking I need to start, now that I see your post I might tackle it when winter comes. I always have so many projects going, my pictures are a huge project for me this year. I need to go visit your garden blog, I am sure you have gorgeous pictures there.
How wonderful that you all were invited to the celebration. Your light is shinning and its that illuminating your community.
((((hugs))))to you my sweet cyber friend.
Katia

Phyllis said...

What a lovely week for a lovely family. I am so enjoying getting to know you and your family through this meme and by looking at your blogs in general. It is a treat. I love how your braided rugs are coming along. It is neat to be able to attend a Buddist prayer gathering. What an enriching experience. You and your children work very hard.