June 20, 2010

Weekly Wrap-Up




 



Sunday - 06/13/2010

Finally, the 3 children were re-enrolled to a music school. Ben for classical guitar, and the girls for dance class.

Monday - 06/14/2010

We officially started our homeschool program for this school year (June-March). DH is in-charged of Practical Arts where he though our homeschoolers t-shirt printing. Ben is happy to join the class even if he's already finished with homeschooling and is ready for college. Never too early to get involved with like this either.




Tuesday - 06/15/2010

I separated the pingpong table into two so more students would be accommodated in my reading class. I started praying for funds to buy proper chair desks for our class.

The girls worked hard with their homeschooling. 8 subjects for Naomi and 7 for Zoe. They have to work n 4 pages for each subject everyday. Ben helped me build a curriculum for my reading class. He does most of the illustration work for our print-outs and visual aids.

In the evening, we took the kids out to watch the movie, Prince of Persia. "Hard but not impossible". This line kept coming to mind.

Toy Story 3 was the coming attraction. Here the girls posed with Woody.





Wednesday - 06/16/2010

I lost my set of keys to the learning center. I was a bit absent-minded that day, thinking too much about too many things.

I had my after-school class outside the building. These girls just came back from a whole-day class in a regular school. Still, they have energy to continue learning until 6:30 in the evening.



Thursday - 06/17/2010

I was happy to see the progress of my students. This is a free program. We rely on donations from parents and from those who believe in the value of instilling the love of reading among young children.

I started this reading class when I realized that our library project would be useless if the children just flip pages to look at pictures.


 

Friday - 06/18/2010

TGIF! The week's almost done. School work went smoothly.

That evening, Naomi went with me and DH to do some marketing. I noticed my girl, at 11, is growing taller everyday.






 Zoe stayed up late playing chess with her dad. I like watching my kids building happy memories with their dad. It reminds me of my own childhood.


Saturday -06/19/2010

I helped Naomi on some song projects she's working on.

I cleaned our room and changed bedsheets. Then I finally finished sewing the curtain for the girls' room.




It's very late now but I'm still up. My first to do this post for Snapshots Summary. I thought this meme would help me be more discipline in journaling my week. We'll see if I can keep this a weekly thing.








Thanks to my friend, Katia, for leading me to the blog of Amy who is hosting this meme.

5 comments:

Katia said...

Hi Ruth,
I am so happy you are joining in this meme too. I love it! I am with you, I am hoping it will help me to keep up with my journal.
I loved reading about your weekly summary and seeing your photos.
What a blessing your library and reading school is for all of those children.
I haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet... do like the quote "hard but not impossible"
((((hugs))))
katia

Amy in Peru said...

Ruth! It's awesome to hear about your week! Wow, you are a busy lady! I visited your homeschool blog too! Very cool.

I started the snapshot summary for the same reason, a way to keep track of the moments that get away from me. I'm going to be so glad after a years' worth to look back and remember! yay!

thanks for joining me. I look forward to getting to know you :)

amy in peru

Phyllis said...

I love this post. I also have a graduated child who shares in our school activities sometimes! Lovely week. I am enjoying your blog very much.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the students are in progress! Very good! Naomi's smile is great too!

Joey

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Oh,how I've enjoyed catching up in your daily family and school life with these beautiful image posts...one by one...I enjoyed reading each entry...that fresh produce for such little money is amazing!!!! DH's lamb dinner looks delicious!
Your children are so blessed to you and your dh as parents...to have their loving brother Ben...and to experience such a culturally rich and interesting lifestyle within your community.
I must admit that I'm STILL a bit envious of that Pomegranate tree!!! We just found a recipe for cucumber/pomegranate salad with lemon juice and apples!
God bless you Ruth and thank you for sharing your joyful, adventurous, faith-filled, wonderful life with us!