July 7, 2010

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Sight, Good God

Our good friends took us to the floating restaurant. We met the couple just few years ago and they became real good friends. We have different native languages but we can talk heart to heart.

The restaurant is on the river, hence the name. We've been out for good meals with a big group but that was our first to be just the four of us. So it was special.

The big dining area was full of people but our hosts managed to find a table by the window. The serene river was very relaxing to see.

In few hours we forgot we were in a busy city. It was a good time to enjoy the company of friends.

They fed us with the food close to their heart. Ahhh, those food we used to enjoy...we savored them with much delight not just because of the taste but of the loving hospitality that was shown to us.

What a good God we have for He lavished us with many blessings!


~~0~~

I thank God for all the friends He has blessed me, particularly for T & D. May He shower them with His blessings today and always.

Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God.
Philippians 1:3 

I thank God for the opportunity to meet people from different group, background, tongue, culture, and country. This keep me humble to learn to adjust, adapt, accept, respect.

Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name; 
Make known His deeds among the peoples!
Psalm 105:1

I thank God for the chance to travel and see different places. It broadens my perspective of things and the world I'm in.

We give thanks to You, O God, we give thanks! 
For Your wondrous works declare that Your name is near.
Psalm 75:1
I thank God for all the good "cultural" food I've tasted. Every place has it's own, and it tells so much about the culture. I now understood why some foreigners say that the food in my country is bland for there are many otherspices and flavors I have yet to savor and enjoy.

Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, 
and for His wonderful works to the children of men!
Psalm 107:8

I thank God for the good time spent with friends. I can plan it but still it is Him who knits hearts together and filled each heart with love for one another.

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!
2 Corinthians 9:15

 
Share your list of thanksgiving here. 
Judy, my friend and the host of this meme would surely be more thankful to have you join our little community.



If you wanted to see more watery sights, click here.


11 comments:

HOOTIN' ANNI said...

How fun, how exciting!!!

My Wednesday post -Tall Sail Ships Arriving. Lots of photos! Hope you can come take the tour with me!

Regina said...

How wonderful!
Such blessings and gratefulness.
Love the verses.
Have a great week!
" Regina "

LLJ said...

Oh! What a beautiful, delicious, and meaningful time out you had with your friends!
I am so happy you had that time, Ruth! : )

I always enjoy your thanksgiving posts!

Leanne

Andrea said...

Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Katia said...

So beautiful Ruth! I like how you said "We have different native languages but we can talk heart to heart.:
Have a great day!
((((hugs)))
Katia

Francisca said...

You enjoyed some of my favorite Dim Sum dishes... and on a lovely watery spot.

Colleen said...

Loved your prayer and your pictures. A beautiful place! God bless!

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Oh that food looks WONDERFUL!!!! I can only imagine how delicious it must be for I don't think I recognized ANYthing as something I've eaten before!! LOL
Thank you for this beautiful post and I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful time with good friends and your husband.
It's always nice to read your entries Ruth.
XO

Anonymous said...

The pictures are very beautiful.

we love because He first loved us.

Doris

Poetic Shutterbug said...

How wonderful and great shots. I understand the "different languages yet talk heart to heart" I experienced that first hand while in Hong Kong and it was a wonderful experience.

La Maison Reid said...

Hi Ruth. Thanks for your nice comment on my French Feedsack Tutorial. I'm enjoying browsing through your blog. These photos are amazing. Where in the world are you exactly? It looks so familiar to me and so beautiful!
xox
Nancy