July 10, 2010

"The Sky Is Falling!"

 Maybe the title reminded you of Chicken Little...I almost shouted the same thing!

I was out in the garden early morning and took delight on the blossoms of our rose apple tree. I snapped a photo and then something caught my attention....

It's the sky! It looked different from normal.

It was so close like just above my head.

 I felt a bit eerie being out alone early that morning, but funny, I didn't forget to snap a picture.

Have you had this kind of experience? When things suddenly became surreal?

That morning I was reminded that there are bigger things than myself; far, far bigger than my concerns at that time. Someone was catching my attention off myself.

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, 
and its people are like grasshoppers.
He stretches out the heavens like a canopy,
and spreads them out like a tent to live in.
Isaiah 40:22 


Photobucket


6 comments:

Mrs. Santos said...

So true Ruth! Yes, I have had experiences like that. Your post also reminded me of how Jesus will come back, in the clouds with a shout...maybe today?

Andrea said...

Great analogy. We all need to remember there is someone bigger than we are...and HE is all we need.
Hugs,
andrea

BraCom (Bram) said...

Beutiful SkyWatch photos

Bram

LLJ said...

That is some sky!!! : )
It did look so close to you!

Mrs. Lady Sofia said...

A few of your photos of the sky reminded me of waves in the ocean.

You are correct by stating that we need to be reminded that there is someone bigger than ourselves, and that someone is the Lord. We are so "small" in comparission to Him. What a humbling thought!

BTW, this is my first time posting on your blog. I found your blog through my friend Mrs. Santos. :) I hope that you don't mind a new friend. :)

Take care and may God continue to bless you.

~Mrs. Lady Sofia~

Owner of Homeschool Faith and Family Life Website said...

Yes, I have experienced that feeling before...you are a gifted photographer!